Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, TheGrandSnackoneer said:

It seems like I had the opposite experience as everyone else at LAX for Uber. Hopped onto the bus no problem. I was even able to put my luggage by my feet and didn't have to stack it by the door. The bus had us in the pickup lot in a few minutes; however, I came from Toronto so I got on at an earlier terminal (maybe Terminal 4?) with a nearly empty bus. The higher numbered terminals closer to the lot had no chance but there were also plenty of buses waiting to go behind us. Personally, if you don't have mobility issues or too much luggage I would try walking to the lot if you're getting full buses. For the most part it's pretty well marked as long as you can get to Terminal 1 (I think there's a covered walkway between 7 and 1? Someone please help me out).

At the actual lot it only looks insane. You get dropped off, go forward a bit, cross left for Lyft, right for Uber. You don't drop a pin. Instead Uber/Lyft knows you're at the LAXit lot and has a different menu. It's also why you will only get a range as the fare estimate. Not sure about Lyft but for Uber I plugged in my destination, it gave me my estimate and a 6-digit pin. There are two crossings for Uber. First was for people with no pin code (no clue what was going on there because I was waved through to the next curb really quickly) and the second is the people with pins. You join another very fast moving line where you get ushered to the first available car. Say hello, show the driver your pin, confirm where you're going and you're off. It was pretty fast to leave the lot and according to my driver they spend far less time idling this way than before. I was in and out of that lot in 10 minutes and 5 of those minutes were spent fiddling with my phone trying to get my roaming to work and comparing prices. Be warned this was on a friday at 5pm-ish so I think I just lucked out with it being a slower time.

I believe I’m terminal 5...and I’m supposed to get in at 2:30pm on Friday. 

Greg I don't know if you were joking or not but I am so hopped up on cough syrup right now so here goes:

11:10 - In the Heights from In the Heights

19:30 - She Used to Be Mine from Waitress 

22:40 - It's Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me, Kate (I think? I don't know why I get it confused with South Pacific) Never thought I'd hear a rock version of it but I was pretty drunk at the time and thought it was hilarious

31:00 - My Strongest Suit from Aida

36:15 - On My Own from Les Mis

38:15 - You Will Be Found from Dear Evan Hansen

43:05 - You Can't Stop the Beat from Hairspray

There's also a bonus at 25:00. It's technically Gwen Stefani's Rich Girl but that song is a version of If I Were A Rich Man from Fiddler on the Roof. Again, I had come straight from Alchemy so I was thrilled.

• Like 3

Just now, TheGrandSnackoneer said:

Greg I don't know if you were joking or not but I am so hopped up on cough syrup right now so here goes:

22:40 - It's Too Darn Hot from Kiss Me, Kate (I think? I don't know why I get it confused with South Pacific) Never thought I'd hear a rock version of it but I was pretty drunk at the time and thought it was hilarious

There's also a bonus at 25:00. It's technically Gwen Stefani's Rich Girl but that song is a version of If I Were A Rich Man from Fiddler on the Roof. Again, I had come straight from Alchemy so I was thrilled.

Wow! That’s awesome. Thanks. It wasn’t a joke. Now I just need the brits and rock revolution and I’ll have the song list for all of the playlist shows.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’ll pack a little better. I put about 10 in another bag to carry on. Hopefully TSA doesn’t care about it. 

Did they leave white patches on your hands like peroxide usually does? Do you feel like gloves should be used?

6 minutes ago, JennVT said:

Did they leave white patches on your hands like peroxide usually does? Do you feel like gloves should be used?

It didn't leave any spots but I tried not to touch them much. I guess I will be touching them a lot when I'm cleaning though. If anyone has experience with these please feel free to chime in. I don't want white spots on my hands. I'm not seeing any warnings other than don't get it in your eyes or on anything you ingest.

Edited by Saint Greg

23 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Are you sure that will be enough????  🙃

I hope so. I like having the spray bottle where I can spray as much as I want. But this kind I couldn't find in an aerosol can. I've had those plastic spray bottles come open and leak before so I don't trust one of those in my luggage.

3 minutes ago, pamici said:

I've used them around the house, don't remember white patches on my hands, but I'm not the most observant. Do you carry hand lotion with you, or even just a bit of sunscreen when you finish?

I have both packed.

• Like 1

I stopped by the post office and filled out my mail hold form this morning. I did it online about a month ago but I can't trust that. They almost always mess my mail hold up. Last time wasn't too bad. They delivered at least one day when they shouldn't have because I did have a few pieces of mail in my box. They have messed up much worse than that in the past!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I stopped by the post office and filled out my mail hold form this morning. I did it online about a month ago but I can't trust that. They almost always mess my mail hold up. Last time wasn't too bad. They delivered at least one day when they shouldn't have because I did have a few pieces of mail in my box. They have messed up much worse than that in the past!

Ha. We're coming up on 3 years since we bought our house. Our house has been owned by 3 different names in the 30 years since it was built. We still get mail for the people who owned it and sold it 20 years ago. Even with a sign in our mail box that says deliver to XX last name only.

5 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Ha. We're coming up on 3 years since we bought our house. Our house has been owned by 3 different names in the 30 years since it was built. We still get mail for the people who owned it and sold it 20 years ago. Even with a sign in our mail box that says deliver to XX last name only.

My situation is they like to deliver my mail when it's held. And sometimes deliver my neighbor's mail to me and vice versa. One time I put the mail hold confirmation page in my mail box so the mail man would get it...he just piled my mail on top of it. Another time at the end of the mail hold period, they delivered me a bundle of someone else's mail. They're the worst.

• Like 1

Hi, We were on the Panorama the first 2 weeks of the month. Emma is fantastic and the ship is beautiful. We stayed in Long Beach the night before the cruise and ate dinner at the Queen Mary. We did the same whale watching cruise and saw lots of whales. We did the camel and outback excursion also. Both of those were at Cabo. Loved them both. We also did the Hidden Mexico at Puerta Vallarta and then walked board walks and went to Stone Island at Mazatlan. I'll be interested in your thoughts. It was much cooler on the ship than I expected. You should have warmer weather. Enjoy. 😎

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfshair said:

Hi, We were on the Panorama the first 2 weeks of the month. Emma is fantastic and the ship is beautiful. We stayed in Long Beach the night before the cruise and ate dinner at the Queen Mary. We did the same whale watching cruise and saw lots of whales. We did the camel and outback excursion also. Both of those were at Cabo. Loved them both. We also did the Hidden Mexico at Puerta Vallarta and then walked board walks and went to Stone Island at Mazatlan. I'll be interested in your thoughts. It was much cooler on the ship than I expected. You should have warmer weather. Enjoy. 😎

I saw someone posted it's mid-60's in Cabo. We have highs as high as 74 here next week so I may be going to cooler weather.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

My situation is they like to deliver my mail when it's held. And sometimes deliver my neighbor's mail to me and vice versa. One time I put the mail hold confirmation page in my mail box so the mail man would get it...he just piled my mail on top of it. Another time at the end of the mail hold period, they delivered me a bundle of someone else's mail. They're the worst.

Annoying! You remind me, though, I should probably call the credit card company and let them know I'll be traveling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pamici said:

Annoying! You remind me, though, I should probably call the credit card company and let them know I'll be traveling.

I did the travel notification today as well. I don’t think I did it last time. I don’t use my card in ports. But since i’m going to be using my card in Vegas, L.A., and Long Beach I thought I probably should this time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I did the travel notification today as well. I don’t think I did it last time. I don’t use my card in ports. But since i’m going to be using my card in Vegas, L.A., and Long Beach I thought I probably should this time.

What an awesome itinerary. I hope you have a great trip! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wolfshair said:

How was the Queen Mary?

On 2/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, TheGrandSnackoneer said:

This is very impressive. I think I gave up around the 11:00 mark. @Saint Greg, is this for your blog/reviews, or are you making a cruise playlist?