Meet & Greets....

Louand66

5 hours ago, louand47 said:

Hi all,

I am hosting a Meet and Greet for our cruise on Ruby in March.

I just wondered if anybody had hosted any of them before and had any best practise ideas or possible pitfalls.

Really appreciate any help.

I'm also hosting a M&G in March on the Emerald Princess. (my second as host)

I maintain an ongoing list of attendees and post updates for those attending as more people get added to the list. 

On the last one, we also had a voluntary gift exchange and a slot pull to add a little more interest.

Those were suggested by others and they also ran those events. The gift exchange during the M&G. The slot pull immediately after.

Otherwise, it's just a chance for people to meet, share experiences and some even plan to do things together during the cruise.

Good luck.

Organized one. Pitfalls? Remember that just like everyone else attending, you are on vacation. Popular and easy is to lay out some sign-up sheets for cards, dice, bridge and mahjong. Peel off name tags linking CC names to real names is an inexpensive icebreaker that won't take much luggage space. Some people thrive on hosting parties at home and a M&G just another opportunity. Unless you're that type, keep it simple.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

Keep a running headcount on your rollcall - Princess needs to know how many.  Arrange the M&G through the M&G contact person for Ruby.  (You can find that on another thread.)  When arranging the M&G with the Princess contact, avoid referring to yourself as the 'host' unless you are going to pick up the bar tab at the event.  Tell the Princess rep that you want a 'no host bar' - this way it will be pay as you go for the attendees.  Most Princess ships require sending written invitations to any ships officers or staff you want to attend.  It helps to ask on your roll call what ship's staff would be of interest.  Invite the Cruise Director, they're accustomed to speaking at M&Gs and usually do a good job of making the M&G interesting.  Most importantly, just have fun.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Keep a running headcount on your roll call - Princess needs to know how many.  Arrange the M&G through the M&G contact person for Ruby.  (You can find that on another thread.)  

I use a Google spreadsheet. You can not allow or allow editing by anyone with the link. I choose let anyone edit, because I'm lazy.:classic_wink:

Just realized the other day...the list of contact people for the M&Gs is a sticky near the top of the Princess main page.

I am doing the M&G on the Caribbean princess in April. The coordinator advised to bring about 10 invitations and go to the Guest Services as soon as you board and they can give suggestions as to what Officers who might attend. Not all will be available. Be sure they know when you have planned your event so if it is the next day they can get them out in plenty of time. Your M&G coordinator for the Ruby is Craig Blish  661-284-4417. He can help you set up venues, date and time.