"Essentials Travel Protection" worth purchasing?

HeatherLynne

I know there have been some talk of the CFAR insurance, but I don't see that listed as an option on our cruise summary. The only insurance offer we have available to add to our book is this Essentials Travel Protection. Is it worth it? Factors to consider, we are local to the port, so no travel disruption as there are multiple ways to get to port from us. We are in our 40s so not a high risk age for most health issues, and we're traveling with 2 teens. I would consider the CFAR but I can't figure out where people even get that option from NCL. I see it listed on the website but not in my cruise summary. Thanks!

Something to be aware of. I believe that with most third party insurers, CFAR policies have to bought within 2 weeks of making your deposit on the trip. obviously the closer you get to the trip the more likely a reason to not go would pop up and if you could just purchase it when the reason pops up they wouldn't make any money. CFAR typically carries a pretty hefty cost and only covers 75% of trip expenses. We don't purchase CFAR and I can't see a reason we would. (Yes, I realize everyone caught up in the coronavirus stuff wishes they had it, but that's statistically insignificant chance).  

It appears that the travel essentials plan primarily covers medical expenses and evacuation. If that is your primary concern we like geoblue. It's a medical/evacuation only travel plan that is competitively priced.

• Like 1

We went third party for a CFAR that was superior to NCL coverage, for less than NCL's best plan. Only a few vendors offer CFAR. You can get a plan without CFAR that mirrors NCL for easilly half the price as well on the links provided above. PM for the name of the company I used if interested.

• Like 1

Just now, NoobCroozer said:

We went third party for a CFAR that was superior to NCL coverage, for less than NCL's best plan. Only a few vendors offer CFAR. You can get a plan without CFAR that mirrors NCL for easilly half the price as well on the links provided above. PM for the name of the company I used if interested.

There isn't a PM feature on this forum.