Buying Carnival RCL NCLH stock to get Shareholder Benfit OBC for Australasian crusers..

5 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

How many people do Carnival and their subsidiaries employ / support worldwide and what is their main theatre of operation?

Would Washington allow it?

I really hope no one goes broke. But the financial numbers will there own decision makers.

Pan Am went broke, Kodak went broke. The USA government did not bail the cruise lines out two years ago as it argued they were not under any  circumstances USA businesses, Especially in terms of where they pay tax.

The reality is Carnival has increased its debt level of 3 years ago from 9 Billion dollars to approximately 28 Billion dollars and adding.

If I am reading Yahoo finance correctly, Before the pandemic Carnival  made 3 Billion profit  a year.

Simplistically this means it WILL TAKE 7 years in normal times to make enough profit to repay the huge increase in Covid indebtedness. This also means that the money that went to dividends will most likely go to debt repayment.

1 hour ago, amatuercruiser said:

I really hope no one goes broke. But the financial numbers will there own decision makers.

Pan Am went broke, Kodak went broke. The USA government did not bail the cruise lines out two years ago as it argued they were not under any  circumstances USA businesses, Especially in terms of where they pay tax.

The reality is Carnival has increased its debt level of 3 years ago from 9 Billion dollars to approximately 28 Billion dollars and adding.

If I am reading Yahoo finance correctly, Before the pandemic Carnival  made 3 Billion profit  a year.

Simplistically this means it WILL TAKE 7 years in normal times to make enough profit to repay the huge increase in Covid indebtedness. This also means that the money that went to dividends will most likely go to debt repayment.

It's all about assets, cash burn and reserves. Remember CLIA lines are jointly at 80% capacity and were at 50% capacity in July 2021.

• 3 months later...

Could be an opportune time to look at the ROI on this option at the moment 

Whilst not the bargain prices of March 2020 the current unsettled climate has the big three’s share prices at relatively low prices 

If nothing else scan back a few pages and enjoy the arm chair experts forecasts…

I’m looking at NCLH shares and for a US$1900 investment I’ll get back US$750 over three cruises in the next 18 months - not a bad ROI 

Of course as always there’s a risk of capital loss on the investment 

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

With the recent outbreak of war, the stocks may still have more downward movement

Can’t disagree with you - there could well be further movement down - but even at current pricing I’m liking my potential ROI from OBC’s (almost 40%) 

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Could be an opportune time to look at the ROI on this option at the moment 

Whilst not the bargain prices of March 2020 the current unsettled climate has the big three’s share prices at relatively low prices 

If nothing else scan back a few pages and enjoy the arm chair experts forecasts…

I’m looking at NCLH shares and for a US$1900 investment I’ll get back US$750 over three cruises in the next 18 months - not a bad ROI 

Of course as always there’s a risk of capital loss on the investment 

You almost shocked me there ... until I realised that NCLH owns Regent and Oceania. 🤣 Somehow I couldn't see you on one of the NCL ships.🤣

• Haha 1