Bit worried about the reviews

jaxw17

45 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The link posted says a travel advisory for the next 30 days so this takes it to the end of March.  Quest doesn’t get to Venice until 2nd May.  Of course this is a very moving situation so your question can’t be answered right now as to what will happen. We also don’t know what future travel advisories in other parts of the world there might be coming up, if any.  There are many folk in the same situation of playing a wait and see game (including me).

Phil

👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Or you could go for the essentials package ($600) which gives you the premium drinks package, as well as a full cruise WiFi package and $300 OBC for excursions, and then pay the difference between the premium and ultimate drinks package, which works out at $6pp per day.

Good point! I think I didn’t mention that because when traveling with my spouse we either need two device wifi or none. Plus multiple sea days -> some sort of spa spending. 😉 🤷🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Doh15 said:

Good point! I think I didn’t mention that because when traveling with my spouse we either need two device wifi or none. Plus multiple sea days -> some sort of spa spending. 😉 🤷🏻‍♂️

We manage to share one WiFi package between us, just means one has to log off before the other logs on.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 2:47 PM, jaxw17 said:

... a lot of past customers saying that things have gone down hill. ...

This is common complaint for all the cruise lines, and has been for a number of years. Obviously it is not possible for all cruise lines to have been in a state of constant decline since the first passengers who post to Cruise Critic sailed with that particular line for the first time. So some sort of strange psychological/sociological phenomenon is at work here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

We manage to share one WiFi package between us, just means one has to log off before the other logs on.

We do the same. After all we are on holiday and don't need to be glued to a device 24 hours a day!

I do realise that a number of people still have to work while cruising, so those couples probably need two devices.

21 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

We do the same. After all we are on holiday and don't need to be glued to a device 24 hours a day!

I do realise that a number of people still have to work while cruising, so those couples probably need two devices.

For us I think it’s more that if we’re going to be online it works better if we do it simultaneously. For example family would probably prefer to text with us at the same time than sequentially.

Of course we could work around it— it’s not the only reason we would get the indulgence package but it’s a reason. 

2 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Or you could go for the essentials package ($600) which gives you the premium drinks package, as well as a full cruise WiFi package and $300 OBC for excursions, and then pay the difference between the premium and ultimate drinks package, which works out at $6pp per day.

Thanks! Good advice. Do you know if upgrade to ultimate drinks pkg would be only $2.71 pp if Discoverer with 15% discount?