Celebrity Luggage Valet

traveline

34 minutes ago, traveline said:

I 'm sailing on the Edge on March 22, 2020, and I'm flying out of Fort Lauderdale at 2:45 pm. Does Celebrity offer the Luggage Valet service for American Airline.Thank you in advance for any Info you can give me.

Yes American participates. Cost is $26 per person plus baggage fees, if applicable.  Your boarding passes will be delivered to you as well. We loved it.

Oops!  Cost is $25 per person and will be charged to your Sea Pass Card.   They check you in and will deliver the baggage tags and boarding passes to your room the afternoon/night before.  Your luggage needs to be outside your room by 10 pm.

Just be sure you don't put anything irreplaceable in those bags.

I had a bag lost but it was later found using Seattle's Port Valet.  Once I discovered my bag was lost, I called the valet service who directed me to call X, was directed to X's lost and found dept and filed a claim where the rep told me that if they find my bag they'll me for the shipping which was around $70.  Per a tip on this board, I emailed the CEO, which in my case, got replied by someone with an email signature of "Exec Team".  She located my bag four hours later and never charged me anything for shipping and overnighted it which was kind.  Three days later I received an email from lost and found that said there's isn't any update on my lost and found item (lol).  It just so happened that I saw the "email the CEO" tip the same day as the cruise ship's disembarkment/embarkment day and located the luggage.  High odds for whatever reason, it never made it off the ship on my disembarkment day but they located it by the next disembarkment/embarkment day.

If it were me, before I'd consider valet again:
1.  Get some form of luggage insurance!  Credit cards may have various delayed and/or lost baggage insurance, determine if you have one and go over the terms and conditions to ensure it covers CRUISES and port valet services (my credit card would ONLY cover delayed baggage from airlines), and consider the cost of 3rd party insurance if the credit card doesn't cover it.  I didn’t have a ton of expensive things in my luggage but things can add up, with tax and alterations I had a suit that totaled $250, $100 pair of shoes and the bag itself was about $125, nearly $500 right there.
2.  Take anything that's irreplaceable such as souvenirs, with you.  Consider buying smallish souvenirs that you can carry with you.  

3.  Consider port valet for all your parties check in size bags and consider carrying around backpacks or perhaps carry one smaller carryon with all the irreplaceable items.
4.  Take pictures of your bag with the valet tags on and a clear picture of the valet tag. 

Edited by NutsAboutGolf