Sun Princess

resistk

I’m onboard Sun Princess at the moment. 

Yesterday was less than pleasant. The expectation of a day ashore turned into witnessing rock throwing, fires burning and riot police 😢

My absolute thanks and admiration to the Captain and crew for dealing calmly and professionally with the situation. 

We were refused clearance for Mauritius and are now headed back to Fremantle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Darcy15 said:

Yesterday was less than pleasant. The expectation of a day ashore turned into witnessing rock throwing, fires burning and riot police 😢

My absolute thanks and admiration to the Captain and crew for dealing calmly and professionally with the situation. 

Sorry for your experience. It looks like this may be another consequence of sailing during this awful time, as well as many ports refusing cruise ships docking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darcy15 said:

Sorry to hear that - stay safe!

3 hours ago, Darcy15 said:

Thanks for the info.  I hope the rest of your cruise is fun and safe.  🙂

44 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

its very clear ships never should return there, hope they never go back

If ports continue this practice of rioting and/or disallowing cruise ships from docking based more on hysteria rather than facts, they will soon find themselves deprived of the very income they depend on and will become undesirable as tourist destinations. Let's hope all of this blows over soon.

So sorry to hear about the trouble you all experienced. Many places have been so welcoming to cruisers in the past.

Cruise ships seem to be struggling now. But when this horrible corona outbreak has faded away, the very same people will want the business back again.  It make me wonder how these big cruise ships will survive. 

Sweby

2 hours ago, sweby said:

It make me wonder how these big cruise ships will survive. 

Sweby

IMHO, there will probably be some cruise lines going into bankruptcy.  However, there is also a good chance that they will also eventually come out of it, simply because it makes no sense for creditors to liquidate a cruise line at a time when it would be almost impossible to sell a cruise ship.

Edited by actuarian

19 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

If ports continue this practice of rioting and/or disallowing cruise ships from docking based more on hysteria rather than facts, they will soon find themselves deprived of the very income they depend on and will become undesirable as tourist destinations. Let's hope all of this blows over soon.

what do you think the odds are people in RI, SC and bermuda will riot against my ship. im hoping bermuda is sensible and does ban their visitor dollars