Decision time!

Narrowing down my pick & need HELP again

We got it narrowed down to Freedom, Explorer, or Odyssey to ABC islands (odyssey likely not a possibility since won the cruise and it will be new within a year)

OR

Oasis class ship to Westerm Caribbean (Costa Maya, Cozumel, Roaatan, CocoCay)

Which to choose? Ports or ship? And we were thinking January? Good time to go?

Based on those ship choices it might come down to what type of activities you enjoy while in port. Beaches? Tours? Adventures? Other?

ABC islands guaranteed good weather in January. Oasis class good weather except CocoCay has a chance of being cool and Florida departure could be 75 could be 60.

You'll probably see lower prices in January and early February, so your credit would go further.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Where have you already been?  Where would you most like to go next?  How much do you enjoy sea days?  Are you flying or driving to port?  

We've only done Eastern Caribbean so any ports would be new. I enjoy both ports and at sea days, no preference as I just love the sun. We are flying from Montana so expensive and LONG day of flying whether we leave from Florida or San Juan. Both are similar cost as San Juan would cost more to fly but leas price difference for cruise. 

22 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Based on those ship choices it might come down to what type of activities you enjoy while in port. Beaches? Tours? Adventures? Other?

ABC islands guaranteed good weather in January. Oasis class good weather except CocoCay has a chance of being cool and Florida departure could be 75 could be 60.

You'll probably see lower prices in January and early February, so your credit would go further.

This trip will be my 72 year old mom and I, so likely tours and beaches - though I love adventure if we had a group. She loved Harmony (minus some not so nice weather) but we went on Seranade 15 years ago and she was not impressed- though ships had very little back then compared to the revamps now. We just want to get out of the horrible winter here when we go and have a great vacation. 

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

Not true for me on the ABC islands in Jan of 2018. All three had cloudy skies. 
In Aruba I went scuba diving. So cold, I didn’t do the second dive. It poured down rain while they were diving the second dive. Let up for an hour. Started raining again, not pouring when I was trying to get back on board. It was a mess. This was on the Navigator. 
just got off the Explorer 3/1. No rain on these islands. Sun and beautiful weather. Labadee did have a short down pour, not drizzle.