2 nights in FLL before cruise

steff613

We are sailing on the Carnival Breeze in October we will be arriving around midnight Friday and sailing on Sunday. I'm looking for a moderately priced hotel on the beach if possible. I've looked at sunny.org but would appreciate some personal advice.

I stay at Best Western Oceanside, 1180 Sea Breeze, FLL for the past 5 yrs. It is 100 yds from the beach, friendly staff, great hot breakfast, bar that sells food, Sun Trolley and regular bus outside the hotel, walking distance to water taxi, $ washer/dryer, $ bikes, $ parking, No shuttle to/from airport (taxi about $30, Uber cheaper), sign up for $7 shuttle to Port Everglade.

I have also stayed at BW Oceanside  and agree with phabric above on some of the pluses.  Rooms are clean & comfortable, desk staff very friendly & informative.  In addition to Trolley & Water Taxi, a variety of eating spots within walking distance.  Room rates very reasonable for FLL beach-area during cruise season. (I've paid between $145 - $170)

Edited by MKellyUtah

I really like the BW Oceanside.

Keep in mind that early October is still off season and you could probably get a higher end hotel for what you'd pay for a moderate hotel.

As long as your dates aren't over boat show.

Around this time its really hard to get hotels at decent prices down there. We are staying at the Ramada on Rt 84/Marina Mile Rd. I wanna say it was around 140-150, got decent reviews and will pick you up from the airport and take you to the cruise terminal. 

14 hours ago, matymil said:

Around this time its really hard to get hotels at decent prices down there. We are staying at the Ramada on Rt 84/Marina Mile Rd. I wanna say it was around 140-150, got decent reviews and will pick you up from the airport and take you to the cruise terminal. 

If you haven't stayed there before, I'd keep looking.  The area isn't the greatest and the motels aren't either.

We stayed at Caribbean Resort by the Ocean in Hollywood Beach. Great place and a lot of restaurants, etc. within walking distance. It was around $180 a night in February. 

Edited by Finzie2