Move Up Bid and Corona Virus

So, for an April sailing on Infinity, I put in a bid for a RS several weeks ago.  While I certainly don’t expect cruise lines to start cancelling cruises left and right, the recent guidelines regarding being denied boarding have me pondering my bid.  I’d love to get the upgraded room, especially if we get quarantined (more space with two kids is never a bad thing) but let’s say my bid is accepted (I have no sense of the chance of that but there is still a RS available) but if we were denied boarding or the cruise is canceled at the last minute, how would they handle that as a refund/future cruise credit/etc.  Not that a larger cruise credit is bad but....want to make sure I’m as informed as possible.  

Good questions, if it was me I would call X and discuss it with them and then ask for a follow up email with what was discussed for your records. By the way if you have never called them, I have had only good experiences. Very kind.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

So, for an April sailing on Infinity, I put in a bid for a RS several weeks ago.  While I certainly don’t expect cruise lines to start cancelling cruises left and right, the recent guidelines regarding being denied boarding have me pondering my bid.  I’d love to get the upgraded room, especially if we get quarantined (more space with two kids is never a bad thing) but let’s say my bid is accepted (I have no sense of the chance of that but there is still a RS available) but if we were denied boarding or the cruise is canceled at the last minute, how would they handle that as a refund/future cruise credit/etc.  Not that a larger cruise credit is bad but....want to make sure I’m as informed as possible.  

You would be refunded what you paid for your original cabin, the cost of your MoveUp bid and likely a FCC.  

I have also put a bid in for a cruise at the end of March, but I also am concerned.  Who knows what they will refund..if anything.  Would not like to incur an extra charge if there will be no refund.  Haven't heard anything yet. Am giving the bid some serious thought.

Just now, 621emerson said:

I have also put a bid in for a cruise at the end of March, but I also am concerned.  Who knows what they will refund..if anything.  Would not like to incur an extra charge if there will be no refund.  Haven't heard anything yet. Am giving the bid some serious thought.

That was my thought.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of the potential for a RS. 😉

6 hours ago, E Heffa said:

How do you “put in a bid” for an upgrade? This is my first X cruise. Final payment is due in 14 days. 

You should get an email at 60 days before sailing with your upgrade offers, as long as you didn't book through a non-participating travel agent.