Has anyone had trouble getting in touch with their travel agent to cancel? I'm getting the run around!

SwimCarrie

I booked my cruise through a travel agency that sounds like fristege and have been unable to get in touch with anyone to cancel our cruise that leaves in 9 days. Holland America won't let me cancel it since I didn't book it through them directly. Can someone please offer me advice here? I have to cancel 48 hours in advance to get money back from my insurance. HELP!

2 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

I booked my cruise through a travel agency that sounds like fristege and have been unable to get in touch with anyone to cancel our cruise that leaves in 9 days. Holland America won't let me cancel it since I didn't book it through them directly. Can someone please offer me advice here? I have to cancel 48 hours in advance to get money back from my insurance. HELP!

Can you put your cancellation request in writing to your TA, with a cc copy to Holland America?

Can Holland America give you their contact details for your TA?

I emailed my TA to ask a question.  She said she would have to call HAL to confirm, but that hold times for the TA's are over an hour.  I suggested my question was not important enough to wait on the phone for an hour.  

If the TA's are spending all their time on hold with HAL, they wont be able to answer customer calls.  

7 minutes ago, JeremyTexas said:

I emailed my TA to ask a question.  She said she would have to call HAL to confirm, but that hold times for the TA's are over an hour.  I suggested my question was not important enough to wait on the phone for an hour.  

If the TA's are spending all their time on hold with HAL, they wont be able to answer customer calls.  

I booked with HAL direct.  When I called with a question, she told me she waited over 2.5 hours (for special services) 

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I booked with HAL direct.  When I called with a question, she told me she waited over 2.5 hours (for special services) 

I imagine this is difficult to plan for and have staffing available to handle all the questions. It's just super frustrating for all of us. Trust me, I'd rather be cruising!!!!