What would you do?

What are you planning to do?   

229 members have voted

1. 1. You have an upcoming Caribbean cruise sometime in the next two weeks and now have the option to cancel. Do you? If you're under 45 and no health issues!

• Yes - for sure going to cancel!
    • Nope - let's sail!

My wife and I are both right around 30 with no kids. I figure worst case scenario is a quarantine for two weeks on the ship. I'll have my laptop and got approved to work from the ship if needed so we'd only lose one income for two weeks if it happened. I feel like the worst part would be missing our dogs for that time frame 

42 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

They'll let you cancel.  The purpose of the new policy is so people don't have to choose between their health and money spent.  

No, the new policy lets you cancel up to 48 hours before departure. Since we leave today, we aren't in that range.

I've cancelled mine. Not due to my health but the increased risk of infection spreading to my family members. In my opinion, an undue increased risk. Being in my 30s and relatively healthy I'm sure I'd be fine, but knowing the usual ages of a majority of cruisers I find it a bit crazy so many people are taking the risk - I mean, people are actually dying from this, and it's the over 60s with underlying health conditions. At the moment the spread is in its infancy, it's only going to get worse in Europe and there's an increasing number of ships being quarantined and turned away from ports.

Frankly the destinations I want to go will still be there after this so I'll go then, rather than take the risk of furthering the spread, passing it to family members, or being stuck in quarantine for weeks. 

We are a family with school age kids and cancelled for the first week in April because the price we paid doesn't reflect the added risk of an 'extended stay.' We will apply the FCC to our December cruise, but are likely to rebook (and pay with credit card) either on Royal or NCL as the prices come down to a point where we feel it reflects the risk of getting stuck on the ship.

23 hours ago, jillba said:

No fear whatsoever!  Not buying into the media hype.  Its a respiratory virus, not a death sentence.  

Absolutely agrees.  Would go in a heartbeat if I had one scheduled.  Just got back from a b2b so saving pennies for the next one.  Common sense prevails.  

• Like 2

The Hubs and I are cruising March 21 on the Majesty. We are planning on sailing. We are both in our mid 40's and in good health. This is our first empty nest cruise and we are both super excited about getting away. Of course if either of us present with fever or the cruise is canceled then we would travel, otherwise this momma needs her vitamin Sea! 

8 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

With the recent announcement from the state department to avoid cruising, does that change your mind or are you still cruising??? 

Here's the link.  It pretty well says to avoid cruise ships.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html?fbclid=IwAR23mRlu4-382HLuSM8i0KWQBSaZ4heDniggmxR3kBR6e2EgWiKr6B0EseM

15 minutes ago, icsys said:

It actually says "US Citizens should not travel by cruise ship".

Ships are going to be pretty empty if you all heed that advice.

Right - but that is the State Department and not the CDC.  So, their perspective may be a bit different?