How long to issue refund?

RCI cancelled our last April 30th Oasis TA cruise on April 2 and our refund for the cruise was credited to our credit card a week later on April 9th. There were 3 different cruises cancelled because of that crane falling on the ship accident in the Grand Bahamas ship yard so there were lots of refunds and FCC being done by RCI at that time.

Edited by robtulipe

Royal Caribbean canceled our Grandeur Cruise this past summer. It took a couple of weeks for all the refunds to come in. Refunds came in at different times and amounts and were separated for cruise fare, taxes, and excursion etc.  Just keep watching to make sure that you receive the full refund

good luck 

m

We had cruises out of Shanghai for this week).  We got most of it back only a couple of days later (what would have been refunded under normal rules), were told we would get the rest as FCC within a week.  Then two weeks later told it would be refunded (no FCC) within a week.  Then another email, would be refunded "after 25 February"  STILL do not have tht last $700.50.

On the one hand i do understand that they are inundated with issues at the moment.  On the other hand, Shanghai sailings were among the first to be cancelled so I feel like we ought to have been the first refunds issued and fully dealt with.  

We also do not yet have our refund for our cancelled Lufthansa flights for the same trip.  We have an email, dated 3 February telling us we will get it back, but so far nothing.  I can't even get into the hold queue with LH on that.  

If either or both is not refunded by the end of next week I am appealing to my credit card to refund the monies and take over going after RCI and LH themselves---I have all the emails and notes on all calls.  We have made a good faith effort to be patient and collect ourselves.

On 3/8/2020 at 12:49 PM, xxHadleyxx said:

We had cruises out of Shanghai for this week).  We got most of it back only a couple of days later (what would have been refunded under normal rules), were told we would get the rest as FCC within a week.  Then two weeks later told it would be refunded (no FCC) within a week.  Then another email, would be refunded "after 25 February"  STILL do not have tht last $700.50.

On the one hand i do understand that they are inundated with issues at the moment.  On the other hand, Shanghai sailings were among the first to be cancelled so I feel like we ought to have been the first refunds issued and fully dealt with.  

We also do not yet have our refund for our cancelled Lufthansa flights for the same trip.  We have an email, dated 3 February telling us we will get it back, but so far nothing.  I can't even get into the hold queue with LH on that.  

If either or both is not refunded by the end of next week I am appealing to my credit card to refund the monies and take over going after RCI and LH themselves---I have all the emails and notes on all calls.  We have made a good faith effort to be patient and collect ourselves.

We too had our Shanghai cruise canceled on February 19th. Didn’t receive the first refund until March 10th. (This only came after an email to Michael Bayley’s office.) It has come in different transactions but I’m still owed $740. I’ll wait until March 20 (30 days after cancellation) and ask my credit card company to refund the monies. So stay on top of the refunds and make sure you get the full amount. 

Also, we had the unfortunate luck to book a vacation to Disney World since we couldn’t  go to Asia. Haven’t even begun to see those refunds come in. 

• Like 1