What happens if you are denied boarding after secondary screening

Lindypops

Don't let a perfectly reasonable question deteriorate into a "whose virus is more serious" contest. Keep that to a more dedicated thread.

OP - if you have reason to believe you might fail secondary screening then you might be better off using the cruise with confidence gaurentee.   As you are flying from the UK you will not likely to be able to say with any certainty that you have not had contact with anyone from an infected area as you will have flown through an international airport, so you are going to get referred.  If you know that you have a medical condition with low blood O2 for example then you might be better off not wasting your time in travel. 

Its a pity this thread deviated from the question as to what happens if you do fail secondary screening - but I suspect the reason for that is that no-one actually knows.  I strongly suspect that you would simply be told to go on your way as the US does not (yet) have mandatory detention on health grounds as federal or local law (Happy to be corrected please US residents!).  You might be advised to self isolate - but that is advice, not a requirement.

Check to travel insurance terms carefully as that too may play a part in your decicion whether or not to travel.  If you don't - you can apply your FCC to a nice cruise out of Southampton!

Any further input as to the OP's question about what happens if you are denied boarding - I cant imagine a Celebrity Staff member detaining anyone and forcibly quarantining anyone at the dock ? I imagine you would be advised to have a proper test and isolate yourself - self quarantine till you get medical treatment if needed  -- ?

11 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

OP - if you have reason to believe you might fail secondary screening then you might be better off using the cruise with confidence gaurentee.   As you are flying from the UK you will not likely to be able to say with any certainty that you have not had contact with anyone from an infected area as you will have flown through an international airport, so you are going to get referred.  If you know that you have a medical condition with low blood O2 for example then you might be better off not wasting your time in travel. 

I would also hope that if you had a medical condition that resulted in low blood 02 that you could document that they would allow you to board. People exhibit a range of symptoms for documented medical conditions; as long as it's explainable I would think that wouldn't be a problem.

18 hours ago, mek said:

Really??? Before I make assumptions, please tell me just why you think that is.

On infection a difference in the fatality rate of about 20 times.

If this virus wasn't serious do you think that health departments in over 50 countries have issued warnings?  Are all of them wrong?