Giving Credit Where Credit is Due (a Positive Update)

Navis

Apologies for starting yet another thread, but I did not want to update you all under the older, and admittedly pejorative, thread title.  I feel a positive update deserves a positive tag line! As I am sure many of you long-time Seabourn loyalists probably predicted all along, last night we received a call from a supervisor at Seabourn and they apologized for the lack of communication and response and explained that they are simply in triage mode at this point.

She went on to offer us a full future cruise credit for our 3/14 Odyssey sailing.  The terms are similar (although not identical) to what has been posted elsewhere on here.  We cannot use the credit as a deposit, but are not restricted from combining it with other offers.  We must apply the credit within one year and must travel by 12/31/21.  All in all we are pleased with the outcome and appreciate the accommodation.  It looks like we'll end up using this credit on a bucket list item . . . Alaska cruise next summer!

Hope all the best and happy outcomes whatever your decision may be!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To OP - I am glad that you are satisfied with the outcome.

Personally, I am less than thrilled with our outcome. We received FCC (needs to be used by 2/26/21 as we cancelled our cruise on 2/26/20). I would have much preferred a refund for a couple of reasons:

1 I don’t want SB to hold my $20K+ for a year and still want $4k or so as a deposit for another year. I don’t quite get it why the FCC cannot be used for deposit?

2 If this continues much longer who knows if SB will be around in 2021 and if so, in what shape. If not, my FCC + deposit will be worth nil.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Paulchili said:

If not, my FCC + deposit will be worth nil.

Which is why I personally think that there has to be give and take on both sides. I know we are the client and they are the “bad guys” but IMO Seabourn are being reasonable, apart from the 30 day cancellation which should be shortened to match the other lines.