Canada Ban on Cruise Ships until July 1st

koolforkatz

3 hours ago, em-sk said:

If the media is not doing a good job, here is the actually announcement from the PM office.  US nationals are exempt from the restriction.  Quite a bit more restrictive than what the US has currently adopted.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/03/16/prime-minister-announces-new-actions-under-canadas-covid-19-response

"All travellers to Canada self-isolate for 14 days upon entry, with exceptions for workers who are essential to the movement of goods and people."

I doubt many Americans want to enter Canada and then self-isolate for two weeks.

25 minutes ago, caribill said:

"All travellers to Canada self-isolate for 14 days upon entry, with exceptions for workers who are essential to the movement of goods and people."

I doubt many Americans want to enter Canada and then self-isolate for two weeks.

That is the intended outcome by the policy.  Permit the free flow of trucks and trains carry goods and those that absolutely need to travel.  Discourage everything else. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canada-and-u-s-poised-to-restrict-tourists-visitors-from-crossing-border-1.4857618  

CTV News has confirmed a deal is imminent between the American and Canadian governments to restrict tourists and visitors from crossing the border on both sides. Shipments, trade and commerce will not be affected.

A joint announcement is expected within the next 48 hours.

• Like 2

This hardly makes the news but will have a huge impact on Bellingham and Vancouver.   Even as far down as Smokey Point it seems like there are as many Canadian cars as American ones at the big malls.   (Much less tax here, I think.)   Most of my summer and fall is spent in British Columbia, only a few miles away by boat.   I'll miss Sidney this year, and Nanaimo, and the Sunshine Coast, and Schelt and Port McNeil and of course Vancouver.   I was planning to go to Cyprus Mountain just before this virus hit.   Sad days.    

When this is all over, I'm going to have a *very* organized house.   I wonder if you can teach a cat to play the piano?