Welp, there it is

Ariel1985

21 minutes ago, naxer said:

A reset is needed.  It's a sad and stressful time.

I was supposed to leave tomorrow so this is disappointing but quite honestly, I've been conflicted and nervous about going anyway.   Hopefully next year this will all be behind us and we can cruise with a more carefree attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

Jimbo5554

I'm not trying to be rude, I really thought his name was John Herald and trying to make sure that the quoter wasn't reading something from a fake poster.

Got it my bad. 

What are they going to do with all those ships? Unload and anchor offshore?  There is not near enough space to have all in port at once.  What about all the staff on all those ships?  Port cams will be crazy to watch the next few days I would think,  

6 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

If you get cancelation for ANY reason it will.

My annual trip cancellation insurance doesn't cover COVID cancellation but DOES cover cancelling due to travel advisories. At least they would cover it if Carnival would send me out a confirmation of the cancellation.

2 hours ago, WestTexasBySea said:

Got the Call. Prerecorded from Carnival stating my cruise leaving tomorrow was cancelled. Said we would be getting an email. No email yet. I could have sworn it said they were suspending operation till April 9th. 

Strange thing for us - we got the notice on Thursday afternoon and did the online cancellation form. No acknowledgement from Carnival and it's still showing in my online account. Did not get any phone call about my Saturday cruise being cancelled - but I did just get an email reminding me to make sure I printed my boarding pass!!

So close....but nope.  We were supposed to leave on April 4.  I just got the email that we will not be going.  Option is 100% refund or 100% FCC + $600 OBC.  I already have a cruise booked for NYE 21-22.  If I take the OBC, can I apply the FCC to my already booked cruise?

7 hours ago, ozzie0075 said:

All have confirmed but CCL 

I am currently on a 28 Day Round Australia Cruise on the Sea Princess that started March 10, 2020. As you have probably heard, all new Princess Cruises have been cancelled and ongoing cruises will terminate early by March 18, 2020. They let us make 2 more port stop before we'll be heading back to our starting point and disembarking in Sydney, Australia, on March 18, 2020. We were thinking of taking another cruise as long as we are already in Australia, but it does appear that all the options have been cancelled. Carnival had a 12 day Pacific Islands cruise on the Carnival Splendor scheduled for March 22, 2020 out of Sydney. I would have loved to have taken that cruise as I did 3 cruises on it in 2019 for 44 days including the 24 Transpacific cruise from Los Angeles to Singapore for refurbishing before it was sent to its new home port in Australia. I would love to have seen it after the refurbishment. I was able to go all the way through the booking process on the website, saw there were a lot of cabins available and able to pick a cabin, but the reservation process failed when it got to the final payment page. It would not allow me to make the final step to book a cabin. After that I called a travel agent. All they could find out on their system is that there are no rooms available on the cruise even though I had just checked myself and found that many, but not all, cabins were available. The travel agency then told me that all Carnival Cruises had been cancelled, she believed, but that she had no official word from Carnival yet. I then asked about booking one of the 3 alternative Royal Caribbean Cruises that we could take while we were in Sydney, Australia. The travel agent then told me that Royal Caribbean along with most other cruise lines have stopped all operations also.

• Like 1