Snorkling Coco Cay/Labadee

HodgeNNicole

Good afternoon all.  We just booked the Symphony and will be stopping at both islands.  I love to snorkel and was wondering if anyone could give me the inside scoop on where to go?

I have my own stuff so I don't need to rent anything just point me in the right direction.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DH did a snorkeling excursion through the ship at Labadee and said it was actually not too bad.  They went out a ways in a boat though, not from the beach.  My understanding for Coco Cay is the snorkeling area is off Chill Beach.  We are looking forward to trying it on our next cruise!

49 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

DH did a snorkeling excursion through the ship at Labadee and said it was actually not too bad.  They went out a ways in a boat though, not from the beach.  My understanding for Coco Cay is the snorkeling area is off Chill Beach.  We are looking forward to trying it on our next cruise!

I wonder if the privide the tourists with snorkeling masks during snorkeling excursion. Otherwise this excursion does not worth it as I am too lazy to carry a mask with me which takes up space in my luggage.. 

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I wonder if the privide the tourists with snorkeling masks during snorkeling excursion. Otherwise this excursion does not worth it as I am too lazy to carry a mask with me which takes up space in my luggage.. 

Yes, they provide all equipment.  I understand they also make you wear the little snorkel vests, which can be annoying, but safety first I guess.  It's all spelled out in the cruise planner.

• 4 weeks later...

We snorkel all over on every cruise we go on. Coco Cay is really fun. You can bring bring your own gear if you want and spend as little or as long as you want out there. They have a sunken airplane and a few other things   We’ve always had a great time. I was actually looking to see if anyone had seen any jellyfish out there since cruising started up. We’ve had problems with those several times at Coco Cay. Enjoy!