Wouldn't it be nice if ......

shuguley

I really feel that Regent has done just about everything that they can under very difficult circumstances once the Coronavirus pandemic was declared.  One additional perk they could offer that would not cost the company anything but would be appreciated is if they were to award Seven Seas Society nights for any cruise that was fully paid and then canceled.

In other words, if you had a 14 night cruise booked and fully paid and then that cruise was cancelled due to the virus, you would be awarded those 14 Seven Seas Society nights.

Edited by shuguley
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, shuguley said:

I really feel that Regent has done just about everything that they can under very difficult circumstances once the Coronavirus pandemic was declared.  One additional perk they could offer that would not cost the company anything but would be appreciated is if they were to award Seven Seas Society nights for any cruise that was fully paid and then canceled.

In other words, if you had a 14 night cruise booked and fully paid and then that cruise was cancelled due to the virus, you would be awarded those 14 Seven Seas Society nights.

Super idea to keep the regular passengers on side, they are going to need to encourage as many as possible to cruise a lot when this is over to rebuild the brand and indeed cruising generally.

It will be 6+ months before income stream will really pick up. In the UK the government is talking about the over 70's needing to self isolate for 14 weeks.

Keep well and lets carry on cruising in the future; we need something to look forward to !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

In the UK the government is talking about the over 70's needing to self isolate for 14 weeks.

I assume you meant 14 days.  In any case, self isolation after possible exposure is for the protection of everyone else, not for the protection of the persons isolating theirselves.  So it makes no sense to apply such a rule only to those at most risk and not to others.

GR Berkshire is correct, the proposal that over 70s self isolate for 4 months has been suggested by the UK government. We will all emerge looking like something from a horror movie, ( no haircuts, undernourished and probably a little insane , )

6 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I assume you meant 14 days.  In any case, self isolation after possible exposure is for the protection of everyone else, not for the protection of the persons isolating theirselves.  So it makes no sense to apply such a rule only to those at most risk and not to others.

No this is correct, the UK government is talking about the over 70's  and those with underlying health issues not going out for 14 WEEKS

This will/ would change the whole way society functions, fortunately we are 63 so not in this group, but could be shopping , running errands for lots of friends and neighbours, very much the need for Good Samaritans !!!

6 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

No this is correct, the UK government is talking about the over 70's  and those with underlying health issues not going out for 14 WEEKS

Oh, I guess I misunderstood.  I thought you meant those returning from a cruise.  If it means everyone over 70, etc., then of course it would be for their own protection.  That would be an overwhelming problem for society, just to keep them with food and toilet paper.  I guess home delivery services would have to spring up, because not everyone has family/neighbors/friends in the younger age groups to keep them supplied.

On 3/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, shuguley said:

We were on the Voyager out of Athens in 2010 that was cancelled before we left port.  Even though Regent refunded all of our money, and arranged and paid for our flights home, we were awarded the 14 nights for Seven Seas Society.

Marc