Cancellation window for June - September bookings

UrbishN

Anyone think Carnival will extend the rescheduling window for June - September bookings  beyond 30 days ? I’d hate to make a choice that early . But if they sail and I don’t have a clear view of the situation , I would be forced to reschedule . 

41 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

We have a cruise scheduled for June 22, our final payment date in April 9 so we will decide in a few weeks. 

As I understand it, you may wait until 30 days out (assuming you booked prior to all this starting) and not lose any money/   Your payment will be refunded as FCC.

1 hour ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

As I understand it, you may wait until 30 days out (assuming you booked prior to all this starting) and not lose any money/   Your payment will be refunded as FCC.

Yes, but if you don't want a FCC I believe you'd still need to cancel by the original final payment date.  I could be wrong.......

5 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes, but if you don't want a FCC I believe you'd still need to cancel by the original final payment date.  I could be wrong.......

No. I think you're right.   I just don't really have a problem with FCC right now.   Of course we will see what happens.   Currently, my original final payment date is 4/14.   I'm looking at other options and if we do go ahead and make some other plans, I'll cancel by then.   But if we are still in limbo, I like that I can still wait to nearly the end of May and cancel without losing money

Edited by ULCajunCruiser

5 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

No. I think you're right.   I just don't really have a problem with FCC right now.   Of course we will see what happens.   Currently, my original final payment date is 4/14.   I'm looking at other options and if we do go ahead and make some other plans, I'll cancel by then.   But if we are still in limbo, I like that I can still wait to nearly the end of May and cancel without losing money

I’m ok with fcc also . I’d just like more time to decide . I have CFAR if I wait longer but I’d lose 25% . The cdc is recommending no large crowds over 50 for 8 weeks . So it’s not looking good . Hoping they are wrong about that 

Our final payment is 3/24 for our June 7 cruise. Our kids room final payment was 3/9 for our same cruise. We have so many factors contributing to what we decide to do. I'm with you on having more time to decide and no issues with FCC. My husband is a teacher so we have to wait. We do not know if our extended spring break will be extended more, the school year extended and whatever else is implemented with travel restrictions etc. 

19 minutes ago, jennybeek said:

Our final payment is 3/24 for our June 7 cruise. Our kids room final payment was 3/9 for our same cruise. We have so many factors contributing to what we decide to do. I'm with you on having more time to decide and no issues with FCC. My husband is a teacher so we have to wait. We do not know if our extended spring break will be extended more, the school year extended and whatever else is implemented with travel restrictions etc. 

I hear ya. My granddaughter loves to cruise , so we go when school is out and the prices high.. but she has a great time . If we have to reschedule, we’d have to wait another year . We’re in Texas . And hurricane season is unpredictable as well 

5 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

I hear ya. My granddaughter loves to cruise , so we go when school is out and the prices high.. but she has a great time . If we have to reschedule, we’d have to wait another year . We’re in Texas . And hurricane season is unpredictable as well 

Totally understand. We are in Central Florida and our daughter is in South Florida. We can put off into July this year. March, June, or July 2021. We would sail Christmas  but our daughter works retail. We are waiting it out. This cruise is our 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

44 minutes ago, jennybeek said:

Totally understand. We are in Central Florida and our daughter is in South Florida. We can put off into July this year. March, June, or July 2021. We would sail Christmas  but our daughter works retail. We are waiting it out. This cruise is our 25th wedding anniversary celebration.

Enjoy whatever you decide . Congrats on the anniversary 

6 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

We have been booked for almost two years plus we have third party insurance so we could wait until sail away to decided.

4 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

We have been booked for almost two years plus we have third party insurance so we could wait until sail away to decided.

I have 3rd party as well . I have a 48 hr window . But would only be reimbursed 75%, so I rather rebook and save that if possible . President said today may last until July or August 😃 I sure hope not 

On 3/16/2020 at 7:16 PM, UrbishN said:

I have 3rd party as well . I have a 48 hr window . But would only be reimbursed 75%, so I rather rebook and save that if possible . President said today may last until July or August 😃 I sure hope not 

We’re scheduled to sail 6/29- first vacation ever in our 25 years together without the kids! It’s not looking good 😬. We’re paid, hoping for a miracle and will take FCC if we can’t sail.