Cruises Booked for September 2020

ktn315

7 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We just rebooked our cancelled cruise for the end if August running thru the first week of Sept.  We're hopeful things will be getting back to normal. 

I hope it works out for you as well as the rest of us! 🤞🏼

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnSpo said:

Glad to see most people still want to cruise.  I like the positive vibes in this thread.

Me too. I have a suspicion that September cruises (MAYBE August) will be the first ones to actually set sail. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my gut feeling right now. We're currently booked and paid in full (including flights), so I'm crossing every finger I have that all goes well.

• Like 1

Only things we haven't booked are our airfare and pre-cruise hotel.  Airlines are cancelling flights left and right so I'll wait on that.  However, not sure how far out they are cancelling flights right now??? (Hey, ktn315:  I love your avatar!  Looks like my fur baby who just passed.  :()

I have a cruise booked out of NY Sept. 3-7, a replacement for our 9-day Journeys cruise that is supposed to be in May that I cancelled.  To date, I have not gotten a single email from Carnival for any of the notices they’ve sent out (I’ve also checked “Junk” folder routinely).  I used my PVP to cancel & rebook, but it was only through this  forum and another that I know what Carnival is doing.......

Could someone please paste the notice you received about cruises through September?  I’d like to know what my options are -  I looked at the website, but didn’t see anything there.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

Could someone please paste the notice you received about cruises through September?  I’d like to know what my options are -  I looked at the website, but didn’t see anything there.  Thanks!

I haven't received an email yet, but this is on Carnival's website (under Travel Advisory).

table-of-confidence-new-1.ashx

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

Only things we haven't booked are our airfare and pre-cruise hotel.  Airlines are cancelling flights left and right so I'll wait on that.  However, not sure how far out they are cancelling flights right now??? (Hey, ktn315:  I love your avatar!  Looks like my fur baby who just passed.  :()

Thank you. My fur baby in my avatar also passed a couple of years ago. 😞 I am so sorry for your loss. Stay strong, my friend.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mother27 said:

Hey LHARTWICK, we're in Benton, AR also!!! Which cruise are you on?

Oh wow, my fellow Arkansans. I am originally from Rogers/Bentonville area. Where are your departing ports of choice?

37 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

I have a cruise booked out of NY Sept. 3-7, a replacement for our 9-day Journeys cruise that is supposed to be in May that I cancelled.  To date, I have not gotten a single email from Carnival for any of the notices they’ve sent out (I’ve also checked “Junk” folder routinely).  I used my PVP to cancel & rebook, but it was only through this  forum and another that I know what Carnival is doing.......

8D42CD91-8CEB-4DA5-A3DE-3ED21DDCEA6B.png

60ADF228-BB81-4B76-BD6C-28A11B17E6BC.png

3 minutes ago, ktn315 said:

Oh wow, my fellow Arkansans. I am originally from Rogers/Bentonville area. Where are your departing ports of choice?

We've only been on one cruise so far - years ago - out of Galveston. Enjoyed that one, but DH is not a fan of the heat, so this time we're booked out of NYC for the Canada/New England itinerary in September.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wombservice said:

Thanks so much for that - but bummer!!  I cancelled and rebooked on March 11th!  I’m sure things will change, though, as time goes on.  Thanks again!

Just saw you canceled and rebooked on March 11th so the email doesn't apply to you. But that sucks that you were just off by 1 day. 😞

We are book on the Panorama for the 16th, and have no plans to cancel. 

I do like that we have till 30 days prior to do so though, per that email.

Only reason we would have to move it, is if my now senior who should graduate May 21 and deploys to boot camp June 8, gets grad delayed and therefore deployment delayed. We already had to move this cruise once from Aug 22, as we would have missed his bootcamp graduation! 

I had an August 28th Western Caribbean.i cancelled.i was going to wait it out but my wife seemed worried I think mostly because we were taking the youngest grandson.i called and cancelled.we can spend that money another time.im not a believer in a day on a cruise is better than a day at whatever.i don't work so you know how that goes.ive had crappy cruises.i did not enjoy.we got a journeys cruise for January 2021. I'll probably go ahead and pay it off just to avoid any future up charges.i got a 33 foot class a motorhome and gas is cheap.thats where I'm leaning at and I can take my dog too for a lot less money.

10 hours ago, ktn315 said:

I was able to reach someone yesterday. The only problem was, I was on hold for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. 😣 and I called as soon as they opened.

I did it! Now booked for September 5th on Panorama!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mrhartert said:

I did it! Now booked for September 5th on Panorama!

Great news!  Did you have to call in?  If so, how long were you on hold for?

Edited by ktn315
Add

21 hours ago, JohnSpo said:

Glad to see most people still want to cruise.  I like the positive vibes in this thread.

With all that's going on in the world, only thing we can do is stay positive and look forward to our trips.  🙂  Are you booked on any cruises coming up?

58 minutes ago, scpirate said:

I had an August 28th Western Caribbean.i cancelled.i was going to wait it out but my wife seemed worried I think mostly because we were taking the youngest grandson.i called and cancelled.we can spend that money another time.im not a believer in a day on a cruise is better than a day at whatever.i don't work so you know how that goes.ive had crappy cruises.i did not enjoy.we got a journeys cruise for January 2021. I'll probably go ahead and pay it off just to avoid any future up charges.i got a 33 foot class a motorhome and gas is cheap.thats where I'm leaning at and I can take my dog too for a lot less money.

Anywhere that allows you to take your dog sounds like a perfect trip!  I hope you enjoy your road trip and cruise in January!  🙂

Edited by ktn315

I'm keeping my September 8th cruise from Venice and the only way we will not be going is if Carnival or the airlines cancel. Though I also have everything paid for with the cruise & air, and the hotels pre-booked with a pay on arrival type situation since well before this all started. 

Funny enough the cruise price hasn't gone down from what we paid, and neither has the airfare. I know the air market it is a total flux right now, but looking at the prices for the flights currently vs what I paid? I wouldn't even imagine booking now ($3000+ difference for flights alone...) 

I do only have 2 excursions fully paid for though, 1 Carnival & 1 private. The others I have deposits on and won't be paying off until things are more solid. Though in all honesty if I got emails from the tour operators saying... hey.. we are struggling bad, could you pay off your excursion? I would give that "loan". Both me and DH's jobs are considered essential (though not hospital/doctor setting) and in truth, our income in going up over this because lot of OT being forced on us. 

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Congratulations. I hope we all sail in September. 🙏

Did 

you get a good deal?

$250 more... But $400 onboard credit, so not that bad of a deal. I'm traveling alone, so that will go a long way!

And I hope so too, or I'm going to be really bummed.

2 hours ago, ktn315 said:

Great news!  Did you have to call in?  If so, how long were you on hold for?

I called in, was only on hold for 15 minutes and the agent was super helpful! (And genuinely excited that I was so happy)

Edited by mrhartert
Typo

On 3/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, ktn315 said:

I also received an email in regards to keeping the cruise booked, rescheduling, or cancelling for cruises through September.  I feel like September is a little too far out for my family and I to decide right now.  If you're booked in September, what did you decide to do?  Also, did you proceed with booking excursions or are you going to wait to make sure that the cruise doesn't get cancelled first?  My fear is that the cruise might go on and excursions will be sold out because I waited too long.

We are booked for the Horizon September 5th and planning on sailing. As for excursions we wait until we get closer to cruise date. Excursions don’t make or break our cruise.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, Jasalth said:

I'm keeping my September 8th cruise from Venice and the only way we will not be going is if Carnival or the airlines cancel. Though I also have everything paid for with the cruise & air, and the hotels pre-booked with a pay on arrival type situation since well before this all started. 

Funny enough the cruise price hasn't gone down from what we paid, and neither has the airfare. I know the air market it is a total flux right now, but looking at the prices for the flights currently vs what I paid? I wouldn't even imagine booking now ($3000+ difference for flights alone...) 

I do only have 2 excursions fully paid for though, 1 Carnival & 1 private. The others I have deposits on and won't be paying off until things are more solid. Though in all honesty if I got emails from the tour operators saying... hey.. we are struggling bad, could you pay off your excursion? I would give that "loan". Both me and DH's jobs are considered essential (though not hospital/doctor setting) and in truth, our income in going up over this because lot of OT being forced on us. 

First question is will Carnival deploy ships to Europe this summer? Second is will Italy be in any shape for tourist in Sept?

On 3/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, mpdog42 said:

First question is will Carnival deploy ships to Europe this summer? Second is will Italy be in any shape for tourist in Sept?

I hope so.  We are supposed to depart Venice on Sept 29, visit 5 Italian ports + prior to disembarking in Barcelona Oct 11.

I would much rather be planning then watching the news and getting into a panic over what is going on over there.