Booking now for April 11 cruise too early...?

NavyCruiser

On 3/18/2020 at 11:56 AM, NavyCruiser said:

We're totally bummed to cancel our European river cruise next week, late March.
So now looking at earliest time frame to book an ocean cruise closer to home.

Just saw today on Carnival's own website, that Carnival is restarting their 7 day cruise out Galveston on April 11 at a great price.

Just seems a little early to me.

We're not too worried about the Coronavirus itself, but mostly worried being stuck onboard because of all the travel issues, & it being a 21 day quarantine cruise.
So what's your earliest prediction that Cononavirus will be mostly gone whereas ALL travel restrictions will be lifted & no travel hassles?
Thinking it'll be hot enough by May to safely book...?

I wouldn’t book anything for this year.  

4 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

Sadly, I have to agree with you. The U.S. is going onto a 'war-time' footing that is unparalleled in recent memory. Restrictions from WW2  come to mind. If this pandemic goes on for an extended period of time, I can easily see rationing programs being implemented. Folks, it's that serious, IMHO. I pray I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Sadly, I have to agree with you. The U.S. is going onto a 'war-time' footing that is unparalleled in recent memory. Restrictions from WW2  come to mind. If this pandemic goes on for an extended period of time, I can easily see rationing programs being implemented. Folks, it's that serious, IMHO. I pray I'm wrong.

Luckily I wasnt around for the great war, but they are already rationing items if you ask me.

Aldi, 2 items max of any item, some like bread and meat, 1

Albertsons, the mexican lady behind me wasnt allowed 2 kinds of rice. She was like she didnt buy any beans, couldnt she have 2 rice.

So I got to thinking maybe a bag of rice and beans wasnt such a bad idea and was at krogers. I found a single box of Ben's minute rice, no thanks, and a few expensive wierd kinds. Rice a roni, no beans of any kind canned or bagged. Limit of 1 on bread and all paper products. They had 2 packages of tp left in the store, no napkins or paper towels. Meat is limited everywhere. 

I can buy all the fresh stuff I want, broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes ..

A lot of stuff just isnt available.