for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

7 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, looks like the weather on my upcoming cruise is going to start out "yukky"......I keep checking the weather and it shows 50s and rain in Quebec City.  I fly out on 10/21 and sail 10/22. Looks like I am going to be packing the same way as I did for Alaska........long sleeves for sure.........

And I will bring that rain jacket I have in the closet too.  Hopefully as the cruise goes by the weather will improve!

Hope your weather improves. That rain jacket may  get some use!  Quebec is a lovely city

I’ve been doing some damage on Amazon prime days 🙄. Melody

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, looks like the weather on my upcoming cruise is going to start out "yukky"......I keep checking the weather and it shows 50s and rain in Quebec City.  I fly out on 10/21 and sail 10/22. Looks like I am going to be packing the same way as I did for Alaska........long sleeves for sure.........

And I will bring that rain jacket I have in the closet too.  Hopefully as the cruise goes by the weather will improve!

Lois, I hope you have a great cruise!  I would do that cruise again in a heartbeat!

Sherri🙂

7 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Hope your weather improves. That rain jacket may  get some use!  Quebec is a lovely city

Christmas shopping?

Sherri🙂

48 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Yup, almost done for out of staters (Amazon will ship to them & they’re gift wrapped too)

I use Amazon a lot for out of state presents.  Much cheaper than trying to ship stuff myself!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

I only did a little damage.  I had been thinking of getting a toaster oven/air fryer for awhile.  I had it down to a cuisinart TOA-60 - small enough for my counter and decent reviews.  Everywhere around here didn't have it.  i knew Amazon had it and I waited to see if it was on Early Access.  Bingo!  55% off, only $103.  

My left arm is feeling much better today.  I couldn't sleep last night until the Advil kicked in.  5 hours of sleep is better than none. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I only did a little damage.  I had been thinking of getting a toaster oven/air fryer for awhile.  I had it down to a cuisinart TOA-60 - small enough for my counter and decent reviews.  Everywhere around here didn't have it.  i knew Amazon had it and I waited to see if it was on Early Access.  Bingo!  55% off, only $103.  

My left arm is feeling much better today.  I couldn't sleep last night until the Advil kicked in.  5 hours of sleep is better than none. 

Kat, that’s the one I have, it’s good for us (I don’t care for it as a toaster but rest is great. 

• Like 1

Hi Kat ,Love the Halloween decorations we don't really have them here ,a few houses make an effort but not many.it looks fun and your photos are amazing.

Hi Melody and Sherri Ive also started to look on amazon for Christmas ideas ,it is endless and can be overwhelming ,I suppose its best to have an idea of what you want.

I do hope the weather forecast improves for your cruise Lois ,you still have awhile to go so anything could happen.

My second treatment went well ,four to  go !

Melissa

• Like 3

Hi girls from rainy North Florida........

I have been looking for a new black cardigan and went to multiple stores but could not find "the one".

Then yesterday I decided to try "ROSS" and found one......it was only 15.00 and I thought this will work.

(That is after going to about 6 other stores).....this morning I needed to get some new readers at the 1.00 store LOL......on the way home I stopped at Nordstrom Rack just to see what cardigans they had and I found another one I like even better. Yes, it was more $ but it really called my name. I will be returning the first one back to Ross so no harm, no foul.  The newest one is really nice......is a bit heavier and a better made knit.......MAX STUDIO and I know it will last a really long time😀so I find 2 in 2 days after not being able to find one for a week LOL........

• Like 1

Sorry the picture is so big.........🤔and it looks like a true black in person. The picture seems to pick it up lighter. It is definitely deeper  than that photo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls from rainy North Florida........

I have been looking for a new black cardigan and went to multiple stores but could not find "the one".

Then yesterday I decided to try "ROSS" and found one......it was only 15.00 and I thought this will work.

(That is after going to about 6 other stores).....this morning I needed to get some new readers at the 1.00 store LOL......on the way home I stopped at Nordstrom Rack just to see what cardigans they had and I found another one I like even better. Yes, it was more $ but it really called my name. I will be returning the first one back to Ross so no harm, no foul.  The newest one is really nice......is a bit heavier and a better made knit.......MAX STUDIO and I know it will last a really long time😀so I find 2 in 2 days after not being able to find one for a week LOL........

I like the quality if Max Studio too

On 10/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, MrToblerone said:

Hi Kat ,Love the Halloween decorations we don't really have them here ,a few houses make an effort but not many.it looks fun and your photos are amazing.

Hi Melody and Sherri Ive also started to look on amazon for Christmas ideas ,it is endless and can be overwhelming ,I suppose its best to have an idea of what you want.

I do hope the weather forecast improves for your cruise Lois ,you still have awhile to go so anything could happen.

My second treatment went well ,four to  go !

Melissa

My grandkids put their “wish “ lists on Amazon, so I just choose what I want to get and send it off.  My shopping for them takes about 15 min. Easy easy😂.

Glad treatment # 2 went well, Melissa!

Sherri🙂

Nice sweater, Lois!  Always nice when you find exactly what you want!

I am trying to decide what to pack for our river cruise, we leave next Thursday.  I have been watching temps in Budapest, Amsterdam, etc. and it looks like what we experienced in Canada.  I found when we were off the ship, I was too hot.  So, I am planning on raincoat, Burton hoodie and a few light weight pullover sweaters, although I did not wear them at all on our cruise. I am increasing the number of short sleeve t shirts I take as I did not have enough on last cruise.  

My husband says river cruising is very casual,  would you experienced cruisers agree with that?

Sherri🙂

Sherri, looking forward to your river cruise pictures. We’ve not been on one but are really thinking about one. Have a great time. Are you going to do any of the bicycle tours?  

lightweight sweaters Chicos has them. I bought one & ordered another yesterday. The one I brought home looks like denim but is so soft & comfy. I see it becoming a real staple. Melody

We may do a bike tour, I know we have several walking tours planned.  We have done bike tours in other countries and they have always been fun. 

My husband is doing all of the planning for this cruise  so I really have no idea what we are doing.  I am just showing up each day!  This is really unusual for me as I am typically the one in charge. It kind of nice for a change.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Nice sweater, Lois!  Always nice when you find exactly what you want!

I am trying to decide what to pack for our river cruise, we leave next Thursday.  I have been watching temps in Budapest, Amsterdam, etc. and it looks like what we experienced in Canada.  I found when we were off the ship, I was too hot.  So, I am planning on raincoat, Burton hoodie and a few light weight pullover sweaters, although I did not wear them at all on our cruise. I am increasing the number of short sleeve t shirts I take as I did not have enough on last cruise.  

My husband says river cruising is very casual,  would you experienced cruisers agree with that?

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, I have been on 2 river cruises and I agree, they are very casual. No need to bring anything "formal" at all........as for the weather, layering would be my suggestion.

46 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, I have been on 2 river cruises and I agree, they are very casual. No need to bring anything "formal" at all........as for the weather, layering would be my suggestion.

Thanks, Lois!  I do layer but my layers came off as soon as we got out of the terminal in Quebec!😂. It was 62 and overcast, I had to take off my lightweight pullover and pull my sleeves up on my tshirt.  My hoodie never came out of the backpack. I think this time, I will start with just tshirt, maybe even one with short sleeves, then add to it from backpack if needed. 

Can I just wear the shirt and jeans I wore during the daytime during evening hours?

Sherri🙂

18 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Thanks, Lois!  I do layer but my layers came off as soon as we got out of the terminal in Quebec!😂. It was 62 and overcast, I had to take off my lightweight pullover and pull my sleeves up on my tshirt.  My hoodie never came out of the backpack. I think this time, I will start with just tshirt, maybe even one with short sleeves, then add to it from backpack if needed. 

Can I just wear the shirt and jeans I wore during the daytime during evening hours?

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, after touring most of the day, I usually changed for dinner (but not into anything fancy). But yes, I would say you will be fine in those same clothes. What cruise line are you sailing?

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, after touring most of the day, I usually changed for dinner (but not into anything fancy). But yes, I would say you will be fine in those same clothes. What cruise line are you sailing?

We are sailing on Viking.

Sherri🙂

50 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We are sailing on Viking.

Sherri🙂

Hi, I hope you have a wonderful time and that all your flights go smoothly........from what I have been seeing,  AMS airport has been horrible.  So, if you are flying into Amsterdam, be prepared.

57 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I hope you have a wonderful time and that all your flights go smoothly........from what I have been seeing,  AMS airport has been horrible.  So, if you are flying into Amsterdam, be prepared.

Unfortunately, we are.  It does seem to be a mess at times.  But, thanks for the good thoughts!

Sherri🙂

Lois - i like the sweater you chose!  

Sherri - wow - river cruise!  i think you are smart to add those short sleeve Ts into the mix, especially since you are going to layer if you have to.  

Got my modera Bivalent vax yesterday.  Word must have gotten around town that the Walmart was getting in a shipment yesterday morning - it was crowded.  In and out took about 20 minutes.  Poor pharmacist was bouncing between vaxes and prescription stuff.  Got the vax in my left arm since it got sore from the pneumonia vax the other day - if it was going to get sore, might as well keep it in the arm.  Happily, no pain, no swelling and I had no after effects 24 hours in.   i'm all good and fully vaxxed now, ready to encounter my Winter Season guests!

I do have to go out sometime today to pick up carrot, celery and some parmesean rind.  i'm making ribolitta tonight. I got everything else, but forgot about those 3 things.  oops.  Brain fog.  Usually i remember everything I need for it from memory.  

OOTD:  maybe I'll switch it up and put on one of my Athleta cargo pants - my jeans need a rest and a wash,    Probably a long sleeve Tshirt and then my hi tops. 

• Like 1