for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Apparently there's a huge recall on prepared foods including salads, wraps, etc. and some frozen entrees -- involves many brands and many stores but there are a number of things from TJ's. Just thought I'd put it out there. 

article: 

https://nypost.com/2024/10/14/business/recall-of-10m-pounds-of-meat-includes-frozen-dinners-salads-sold-to-trader-joes-kroger-amazon-fresh/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost

direct list to recalled products:

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/sites/default/files/food_label_pdf/2024-10/Recall-028-2024-Labels.pdf

• Like 1

22 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat, instead of a flight have you considered a train?  We’re getting the same winter warning here, but not anticipating the white stuff yet. Hard freeze due tonight

trains are always on my brain.   Either Porto or Faro from Barcelona needs 3-4 changes and are around 11 hours.  It's not out of the question, though. 

We had a hard freeze last night.   Got my furnace going.  Ready for the next few days.  I think this is the earliest I've turned it on.

OOTD:  leggings and a sweatshirt

• Like 1

Well ladies:  I stopped the hamster wheel long enough this morning to book a cruise!  The TA in April on Celebrity from Port Canaveral to Barcelona.  I was over on the AMEX site, paying some cards and I decided to look there.  Best price I'd seen around for a Veranda and, being Plat, I get some onboard credits and a bottle of wine.  It also had more verandas available than any other site I'd visited and my favorite location was available.  I like the end cabin, next to the aft cabins.  Almost the same view at 50% the cost.  Because I'm me, I did pony up for the refundable fare because, things happen.  Now I can start working on the other parts of the vacation!!!

It's upper 40s and raining now.  Good for our forest fire.  Supposed to keep off/on raining all day and then turn to snow overnight.

OOTD:  Woolx leggings and a long sleeve Tshirt.  

• Like 1

Yay!  Glad you got this booked Kat!!  Are you going back to work up the mountain this winter?

hoping to get a bit of rain here tonight, it’s been 44 days since we had any moisture  

throwback Thursday. My favorite denim jacket (about 20 years old) & the hunters moon

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

• Like 1

Melody - I'm still hemming & hawing over going back up the mountain this year.  Love my owners, hate the new manager and I was physically exhausted a lot last year with having too much to do alone in the 3pm-7pm time on the weekends.  I may have a talk with my old manager (who is the overall company manager now) about it.  Maybe see if she has a position down at the HQ for the winter.  I'd like to earn a little money toward this trip...

It is nice having the rain today.  We desperately needed it.  

• Like 1

Kat, congrats on the new booking😃always nice to have something to look forward to. What cruise line are you going on?

Melody, you always look so nice😃

• Like 1

That's great that you booked a cruise Kat.Maybe the new manager from last year won't return this season.

While its getting colder there we are glad Winter is over and nice to wear some more summery clothes.

We are going skiing in Canada in February and I see they just got their first snowfall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Kat, congrats on the new booking😃always nice to have something to look forward to. What cruise line are you going on?

Melody, you always look so nice😃

Thanks Lois

1 hour ago, MrToblerone said:

That's great that you booked a cruise Kat.Maybe the new manager from last year won't return this season.

While its getting colder there we are glad Winter is over and nice to wear some more summery clothes.

We are going skiing in Canada in February and I see they just got their first snowfall.

We were 28F this morning & likely colder tonight. Enjoy your summer!!!