The Financial State of Carnival / Costa

gerryuk

A good video about the financial state of Carnival which owns Costa. If you are worried about getting your money back, or weather you are taking a risk accepting FCC, then this video is worth a look.

• 2 months later...

Last year's Annual Report is irrelevant to what's going to happen this year. His speculation is now badly out-of-date, he never mentioned the no-sail orders.

I do think the long-term prospects are good, but I expect the short-term to be painful.

I agree Bob, I think the whole cruise industry will take a long time to recover there will be no doubt some good offers to get moving again & lots of people who took F.C.C. but not sure we will ever get back to the level cruising was at before covid struck

Due to Canadian tax law, I have to make some changes to my retirement funds this year. I'm debating whether to but CCL stock while it's cheap. With all the money governments have decided they have to throw around, I'm expecting inflation to skyrocket and taxes to go absolutely berserk, hugely reducing value of current savings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 5:19 PM, drsel said:

Yas holding cash doesn't make sense due to fast depreciation
Live rich, don't die rich!

Inflation is at its lowest level for years in the UK, and deflation is possible in the next couple of months. Not sure where you got your information from regarding "fast depreciation", which is a term normally used with regards to  physical assets.

Inflation is at its lowest level for years in the UK, and deflation is possible in the next couple of months. Not sure where you got your information from regarding "fast depreciation", which is a term normally used with regards to  physical assets.
It means fast depreciation of a currency vs The international currency, the US dollar.

Millions living in Venezuela Argentina Turkey, South Africa, Russia have experienced this for many years now.

23 minutes ago, drsel said:

It means fast depreciation of a currency vs The international currency, the US dollar.

Millions living in Venezuela Argentina Turkey, South Africa, Russia have experienced this for many years now.

Understand that, but if you are an American, how is it relevant ?

9 minutes ago, drsel said:
1 hour ago, wowzz said:
Understand that, but if you are an American, how is it relevant ?

If you are American it will be very cheap for you to holiday in these countries

Of course - and how is that relevant to the financial status of Carnival?