Travel Advisory info on RC's page updated daily? No, not really.

Many of us, I'm sure, are being good and not calling RC for info on upcoming cruises for information because we understand they are pretty busy, and in many cases, they simply don't know right now. I've been patiently watching the Health And Travel Alerts page instead.

However, doing this may be often a waste of time. I noted that at the top every day, it says "UPDATED ON <today's date>" so I eagerly search the text to see the new news. But there is none. So I have been capturing the HTML page source each day, doing compares, and determined that most days they are literally changing only the <today's date>, and there are no substance changes at all. A couple days ago they changed the formatting a bit. And there are slight differences in the HTML related, I believe, to web analytics. But they are clearly claiming the page has new/different content when it does not. Not helpful, Royal.

Just relax..........people complain about every little detail..... get off your internet and exercise. Forget about things for a while... your problem really isnt a problem... keep perspective...... royal is not the cdc.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rtazz17 said:

Just relax..........people complain about every little detail..... get off your internet and exercise. Forget about things for a while... your problem really isnt a problem... keep perspective

and,,,, telling people their concerns or issues are not valid aren't helpful either.

They are occupying their time at home and doing their part as they see fit and the best they can.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I look at it like they are saying as of today this is the current information not that it has changed from yesterday.  I would rather see this that something dated 5 days ago.

Maybe they should add a line that states no changes since yesterday

I agree.  Changing the date lets me know they are letting us know the page is current even if there is nothing new.  If they stop, then I'll be concerned.

49 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Just relax..........people complain about every little detail

Wow. This forum is full of people who are talking about calling their TA or Royal and being on the line for a long time trying to get information on an upcoming cruise. My alternative is to use their website to watch for changes (as I'm sure they'd prefer people do). And you are coming down on me for pointing out that watching that site too closely may not be worthwhile?

If they don't update the date (which effectively tells everyone "This is still current") then the line which reads "These temporary safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days" is kept current. This keeps us all aware that there is no news.

I get what you're saying but this is the most sensible option. If you start putting references to the updates people start ignoring the relevant areas, at the moment there is a rolling 30 day period which is restarted each time they move the date forward, a sensible move.

56 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Just relax..........people complain about every little detail..... get off your internet and exercise. Forget about things for a while... your problem really isnt a problem... keep perspective...... royal is not the cdc.

Apparently you haven't got a cruise coming up in the near future. I don't either but I can emphasize with the people who do. People are on pins and needles as the wait for information so they can move forward. If it is going to be cancelled tell me so I can do things such as cancel my vacation, kids care, if not going, hotels, transportation, and the list goes on. Look what extra costs and aggravation was called because they dragged their feet with the first one.

The lack of concern and compassion for their customers and, more importantly, their employees is inexcusable. 

I live in Arizona and every single day, the governor and his crisis team have a press conference keeping us abreast on the latest updates. It's normally not what you hear but at least it gives hope that eventually it will work out.

You are right, Royal is not the cdc and nobody said they were. What they are is a key player in turning this around and do to whatever, since they don't take the time and courtesy to keep us informed, they are failing miserly. They are coming off as arrogant and uncaring as the economy downturn affects them very little.

You can't tell me they don't know what the next step is.

• Like 1

Everyone handles crisis differently - but I have a cruise with my kids booked for April 20th.    I have not checked the Royal website once - there is really no point until closer to April 12th.  

If i did check the website - I would definitely want to know that the info was current.   Maybe there are 2 dates needed - one that says ‘verified current on 23 March’ and another that says ‘posted on 15 March’ or something like that... but I count on the current date to know it’s valid. 

I believe this is consistent with what other websites are doing as well - OP have you compared others by any chance?

26 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Everyone handles crisis differently - but I have a cruise with my kids booked for April 20th.    I have not checked the Royal website once - there is really no point until closer to April 12th.  

If i did check the website - I would definitely want to know that the info was current.   Maybe there are 2 dates needed - one that says ‘verified current on 23 March’ and another that says ‘posted on 15 March’ or something like that... but I count on the current date to know it’s valid. 

I believe this is consistent with what other websites are doing as well - OP have you compared others by any chance?

I'm of nearly like mind, but with respect to calling RC and asking for information about my cruise that isn't until May 15th. I don't see the point of taking their time with that right now, given that they are still selling the cruise to Canada ports even though they know it can't go there (based on information as we have it). They have their hands full with cruises already cancelled before they add on more to handle. I've been saying in other posts that people just need to be patient.

That said, I do check the updates frequently because I have related travel arrangements that need action to cancel or modify sooner rather than later if I'm going to recover deposits. As soon as any new info is made available, I want to know about it.

My cruise isn't until May 11 but my state declared a state of emergency (Delaware) yesterday & we are ordered to stay at home until MAY 15.  I do wish RCL would cancel my cruise so I can make alternative plans but I don't expect to see anything until April.  I am a big planner so this is worrisome for me.  I'll deal with it. 

Our cruise is 5/17 on Oasis out of Bayonne. By the time the date hits and probably weeks before the rolled forward cancellations will be in effect with the refund/credit options. Not going to fret too much over what I can't control for at least now. Certainly will do nothing until Royal makes their move.

5 hours ago, publicpersona said:

Many of us, I'm sure, are being good and not calling RC for info on upcoming cruises for information because we understand they are pretty busy, and in many cases, they simply don't know right now. I've been patiently watching the Health And Travel Alerts page instead.

However, doing this may be often a waste of time. I noted that at the top every day, it says "UPDATED ON <today's date>" so I eagerly search the text to see the new news. But there is none. So I have been capturing the HTML page source each day, doing compares, and determined that most days they are literally changing only the <today's date>, and there are no substance changes at all. A couple days ago they changed the formatting a bit. And there are slight differences in the HTML related, I believe, to web analytics. But they are clearly claiming the page has new/different content when it does not. Not helpful, Royal.

What would make you think any information has changed? Cruises cancelled through April 10-that’s it, no news 

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

What would make you think any information has changed?

Their assertion that the information was updated today, maybe?

The word "update" meaning to alter so as to be up to date.

Edited by publicpersona