Cancel online and FCC

lovetocruise79

Yes but you have to call them to book. I just did this myself a few days ago. It was for a cruise I booked in May on the website. My CSR said you have to call them with a booking. 

Another thing I did was I put a hold on the new booking then had that number ready when I called. 

If you have more than one booking (ie b2b) you can use the FCC from both bookings for the new one.

I cancelled our 4/11/20 cruise online at Carnival's website on 3/10 after receiving the email letter.  Our penalty amount was $963.00.  I then re-booked a new cruise for 2/27/21.  You DO have to place a new deposit on the new booking before you can apply for the future cruise credit to be applied to the new booking.  With the new booking number I filled out the reimbursement form and submitted it. (BTW, the form would not submit on my computer, but worked using my phone on the CCL website) You will get an auto reply that they received your request, and that once they apply your discount you will receive a confirmation email.  I received the confirmation email on 3/14.  $963.00 had been applied to my new booking.   The fine print on the bottom of the original letter you received gives the instructions on how to complete this process.  You do not have to call them.

3 hours ago, Godzoox said:

You have to give them more money to get your money welcome to crazy town...

36 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

And then wait up to 90 days to get a refund for the remainder of the previous cruise. 🤦‍♀️

I had a couple of future cruises on auto pay.  Cancelled that today.  Refund to my original form of payment for my 4/20 cruise, then we'll see how everything plays out.  Other than the cruise credit, I am still awaiting the balance of my fully paid-for cruise, the Cheers Package, two wifi packages and a few other items for our stateroom to be credited.  Waiting game.

6 hours ago, Amadawn1 said:

I cancelled our 4/11/20 cruise online at Carnival's website on 3/10 after receiving the email letter.  Our penalty amount was $963.00.  I then re-booked a new cruise for 2/27/21.  You DO have to place a new deposit on the new booking before you can apply for the future cruise credit to be applied to the new booking.  With the new booking number I filled out the reimbursement form and submitted it. (BTW, the form would not submit on my computer, but worked using my phone on the CCL website) You will get an auto reply that they received your request, and that once they apply your discount you will receive a confirmation email.  I received the confirmation email on 3/14.  $963.00 had been applied to my new booking.   The fine print on the bottom of the original letter you received gives the instructions on how to complete this process.  You do not have to call them.

Seems if you or your TA call them, there is more flexibility on the term. For example, you don't have to put in extra money for deposit if you rebook.

I ended up calling and rebooking. It took about 2 hours, waiting only about 15 min before speaking with the rep. She had the cancel the original, book the new one and transfer all the funds (including FCC) while I was on the phone. She stated previously they were completing a form and the FCC would be applied in 1-2 weeks, however found out they did away with the form and she had to get another rep from different department to push the FCC through to my new booking. 

Long time but at least it's done.

Edited by lovetocruise79

4 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

Seems if you or your TA call them, there is more flexibility on the term. For example, you don't have to put in extra money for deposit if you rebook.

Can you show me how this works? Or how this worked for you?

4 hours ago, lovetocruise79 said:

It took about 2 hours, waiting only about 15 min before speaking with the rep

11 hours ago, Amadawn1 said:

The fine print on the bottom of the original letter you received gives the instructions on how to complete this process.  You do not have to call them.

Hello. Tried to state this earlier.....Your phone time on hold....

4 hours ago, lovetocruise79 said:

I ended up calling and rebooking. It took about 2 hours, waiting only about 15 min before speaking with the rep. She had the cancel the original, book the new one and transfer all the funds (including FCC) while I was on the phone. She stated previously they were completing a form and the FCC would be applied in 1-2 weeks, however found out they did away with the form and she had to get another rep from different department to push the FCC through to my new booking. 

Long time but at least it's done.

Your 2 hours took me 5 minutes.  And I already explained it to you.  Good luck on your future bookings!

5 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

Do you have an example of this or whom to contact?  We would all be so happy to have this option available through Carnival.

5 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

Show me how that works or worked for you in real time?  Please show us all how you do not have to make a new deposit if you rebook?  Fairy Tale.

7 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

This is absolutely correct. Which is why I called. 

I booked a new cruise online and put a hold on it. I then called, and in 15 minutes had my cruise paid for completely using the FCC plus the credit from cruise cancelled in May. I had a remaining balance that will be applied to my credit card in 10-14 days. Although my cruise is 190 plus days, I elected to just pay it off. 

Edited by jean87510

20 hours ago, lovetocruise79 said:

I'm looking to cancel my 4/27/20 cruise online and the penalty listed is $614 which should be available as FCC. My question does anyone know if the FCC is available immediately to be used? I'm looking to rebook for November. 

Thanks

I canceled my May booking and had them move without penalty to a new booking for late August of this year. The August booking was cheaper and the remaining balance because i was paid in full went as OBC for the August cruise. Call Carnival and have your new info ready as the call wait time can be long.  Good luck

9 hours ago, Amadawn1 said:

Show me how that works or worked for you in real time?  Please show us all how you do not have to make a new deposit if you rebook?  Fairy Tale.

Actually my TA called me about the previous booking, so I told him to choose the FCC and OBC option. He then put me on hold and called Carnival. Then while he was still on the phone with Carnival,I told him I wanted to rebook. He just applied the FCC to new booking and make the extra FCC as OBC plus $600 OBS. I didn't have to put in any new money. THat is why I think you have to call instead of doing it online through the links. The online links probably stick to the fine print, while Carnival rep has more flexibility.

• Like 1

We had a very easy transaction with our PVP, our May 2nd cruise we cancelled and applied the non-penalty portion to a new cruise in November this year. She told us the penalty money would be applied in 2 weeks which actually only took a week. We owe a couple hundred more on the November cruise since it is a 7 day balcony vs a 5 day interior and will pay that off at some point but there was no additional immediate funds required for a deposit when we called.