The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

2 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Kent - I am presently sipping a rather pleasant Destiny IPA from Fuggles & Warlock Brewery, Richmond BC.

Only 62 IBU, but it is a healthy 8.8%.

Donated by SIL, as he isn't partial to the really hoppy IPA's. He prefers them fruity with lots of Citra hops.

Andy, you are making me thirsty! 🍺 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Haha!! Jim - so was I, but I have the cure sitting beside me. Highly recommended.😁

Thirsty is right!  and on a Friday evening no less....

That sounds like a good brew.

Having spent a lot of time in Seattle, I'm somewhat partial to Georgetown Brewing's Bodhizafa IPA.  It's a 90 IBU at 6.9 % but quite enjoyable.  Always like to try new beers though.

• Like 2

👋Good morning old pals from the Viking board!

We are just back from a 7 day "Tulip Time" river cruise and I'm working on my trip report about it right now.😊

Almost done.. up to day 5.

Here is the link if anyone wants to sail along.🌷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Good morning old pals from the Viking board!

We are just back from a 7 day "Tulip Time" river cruise and I'm working on my trip report about it right now.😊

Almost done.. up to day 5.

Here is the link if anyone wants to sail along.🌷

Your post prompted me. Maybe we should have a dedicated thread for everyone on Viking boards to post a link to their trip reports, even if using another platform and suitably titled for reference. Would be great fun reading through them all, River and Oceans. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Your post prompted me. Maybe we should have a dedicated thread for everyone on Viking boards to post a link to their trip reports, even if using another platform and suitably titled for reference. Would be great fun reading through them all, River and Oceans. 

Oh that's a nice idea! 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Dog thread had become quite chaotic but hilarious at times.  I will have a pina colada not with an umbrella but with a tiny flip flop please.  It will match the 2 flip flop pins that i use to hold my towel when i save my lounger in the pool area.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Twitchly said:

I just made the mistake of Googling “dog in a thong.” Now I REALLY need a drink.

Now you made me do it, and here’s what I got.  Obviously it’s a common enough thing that it’s someone’s business model…

https://pantsfordogs.com/products/copy-of-thongs-for-dogstm-size-11

23 hours ago, Twitchly said:

I just made the mistake of Googling “dog in a thong.” Now I REALLY need a drink.

Well I just had two drinks with lunch.  Both Stella’s.  We are alongside in Aswan Egypt on the RA.  We flew to Abu Simbel and back today

• Like 5

I know this question has been asked and answered before, but I can’t find it anywhere.  I had two sweaters dry cleaned on board in March before we came home from our Mediterranean cruise.  Both of them have a laundry tag with our room number, and the tag has been “laminated” on somehow and it won’t come off.  And, the tag is “crinkling” the sweater on the outside.  So, friends, how do I get these tags off before our Alaska cruise next month?  
E3126EE4-B186-4AF1-90C6-FEEEB1E4775D.thumb.jpeg.603d45e454a69978628df7a46952ee6a.jpeg

38 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I know this question has been asked and answered before, but I can’t find it anywhere.  I had two sweaters dry cleaned on board in March before we came home from our Mediterranean cruise.  Both of them have a laundry tag with our room number, and the tag has been “laminated” on somehow and it won’t come off.  And, the tag is “crinkling” the sweater on the outside.  So, friends, how do I get these tags off before our Alaska cruise next month?  
E3126EE4-B186-4AF1-90C6-FEEEB1E4775D.thumb.jpeg.603d45e454a69978628df7a46952ee6a.jpeg

Take it with you and have them remove it on the ship? I bet they know how to do it (I hope). 🤷‍♀️

20 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Maybe heat from a hair dryer?

Or an iron with a towel between the tag and the iron so as not to damage the sweater. Wool can take a higher iron temp than then acrylic. If there is rayon in the blend it may need an even lower temp.

Edited by Peregrina651

38 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Take it with you and have them remove it on the ship? I bet they know how to do it (I hope). 🤷‍♀️

This is an excellent idea and I will do it with at least one of the sweaters I’m taking (unless I figure out another way before hand).  Problem is, we have a five day Denali extension before we board, and this sweater is a layering piece that I will be wearing before boarding.  

54 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Or an iron with a towel between the tag and the iron so as not to damage the sweater. Wool can take a higher iron temp than then acrylic. If there is rayon in the blend it may need an even lower temp.

It is cashmere, so qualifies as wool, I guess.  But I am embarrassed to say, I don’t even have an iron.  I guess I could find a friend with one and borrow it?  

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 1

And the winner is …. THE HAIRDRYER!  ( although I’m sure an iron would have accomplished the same thing). The heat sort of melts the glue, and bit by bit I was able to carefully pull it off.  Thanks, everyone, and Jim, I owe you a drink.

1730D6DB-BDE4-4557-9D52-09C31047A044.thumb.jpeg.b29dfa9c50b4bb41347b86c685f5c4ac.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1