AARP Royal Caribbean/age?

Hey as much I am always looking for discount on cruises so I have a question about Royal Caribbean and AARP. I am only 43 so I can't get the full discounts AARP has to offer but I read that you don't need to be 50 to get cruise discounts from AARP. Is that true and is AARP worth going through for this discount? Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Hey as much I am always looking for discount on cruises so I have a question about Royal Caribbean and AARP. I am only 43 so I can't get the full discounts AARP has to offer but I read that you don't need to be 50 to get cruise discounts from AARP. Is that true and is AARP worth going through for this discount? Thanks for any help.

AARP is only passing along what Royal offers.  Since Royal does not offer a senior discount on every cruise then it wont do you any good and even the cruises that they do offer it on you still have o meet their criteria not AARPS.  If AARP is offering an extra discount out of their commissions then yes you could be eligible for that

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

AARP is only passing along what Royal offers.  Since Royal does not offer a senior discount on every cruise then it wont do you any good and even the cruises that they do offer it on you still have o meet their criteria not AARPS.  If AARP is offering an extra discount out of their commissions then yes you could be eligible for that

Thanks, that is what I thought to be honest. Just wanted to see from people in the know on here. Thanks again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

RCI does not give AARP Discounts.   They do, however, offer senior discounts starting at age 55 on select sailings.

Have some time before I get there and NOT in a rush to get there anyway. 😂 Thanks for the info.