Cancelled Air2Sea flight

I'm sorry if this has been talked about but can't seem to find the topic here.  

We booked our cruise through a travel agent.  Later, we booked the flights through Air2Sea (first time using this).  I did not get charged for the flights right away, then a couple of days later, the TA calls to collect $ for flights.  Now that everything is cancelled (April cruise), I followed the email steps to get a refund, which I hear can take a while.  In the meantime, we got an email from the airline saying they will give us credit not a full refund....we expect a refund.

I called TA today and they told me they can't help me with flight info...even though I paid them for flights.  Then I called RCI and after a lot of going back and forth, as the person I was talking with didn't know much, I was told I would get a full refund for flights and it could take up to 30 days.  For some reason, I don't trust that.  Should I and ignore the airline email regarding the credit?  I tried to call the airline to verify but can't get through.   Figured someone here might know.

12 minutes ago, mariamtzj said:

Should I and ignore the airline email regarding the credit? 

No. I think the refund depends on what kind of airfare you booked - I'm assuming you booked non-refundable fare and that's why the airline is offering a credit.

4 minutes ago, jsf said:

How can you tell if ticket is refundable, I looked all over my paper work from Air 2 Sea and I can't find anything that tells me?

Was it added to your reservation and you paid for it at the time final payment was due...refundable

Did you pay for in when you booked it...non refundable

If in doubt call air 2 sea

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jsf said:

How can you tell if ticket is refundable, I looked all over my paper work from Air 2 Sea and I can't find anything that tells me?

Who selected the flights for you? If you did it yourself, it plainly says refundable or non-refunable when we selecting the flights. You also should have printed out acopy after selecting?

If you printed it out, check second page in bold print. It will tell you how you booked?

Edited by Jimbo

Maybe I can help.  We booked directly through Air2Sea for two one way fares on Qantas from the DFW to Sydney.  The Qantas Website showed a non-refundable fare of $999. each. Called Air2SeA, booked for the same price, and received an Air2Sea four page confirmation.  On the 4th page in the fine print on the bottom, is says "You have purchased refundable with fees airline tickets through our Air2Sea program."  Our confirm also said "**Air2Sea Cancellations Charges - $225 per guest"

We cancelled this cruise through our TA on March 7th.  This was about 45 days before departure date.   A week later, I decided to call Air2Sea to find out what we would be refunded, if anything.  The representative looked it up and said  - it's fully refundable!  I asked about the cancellation fee, and he said that was being waived.  He processed the refund, and said it would take 10 days to process.   This is the 10th day - and so far, nothing.  I'm going to give it another week, and then call back.  Call 844-278-9745, give them your cruise reservation number, and they can tell you how it stands.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mariamtzj said:

Then I called RCI and after a lot of going back and forth, as the person I was talking with didn't know much, I was told I would get a full refund for flights and it could take up to 30 days.

maiamtzj...same here.  We called yesterday and asked when our Air2Sea refunds will show up.  We were told "At least 30 days or even up to 60 days."  We cancelled our fully refundable Air2Sea tickets on March 8th.