Cruise Canceled; Credit Card Payment Due

lvz2cruz

19 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I received our refund and then contacted the bank to get the money transferred from my credit card back to my current account. I discovered it is not as easy as just saying ‘ I got a £XXX refund from Celebrity, so please can you transfer this to my current account’. They could set a transfer up for the amount the credit card was in credit. Needless to say , this was less than my refund due to purchases on the credit card ( I don’t have a separate card for holidays, which I have heard some people do). They then set up a transfer for the remaining amount, and then had to ‘refund’ the amount I would have been charged if I had just used my credit card for a cash advance. I have yet to see if this all works out OK. It was not as easy as I thought from reading the comments here. Perhaps it is my bank or UK banks?

I am still due another refund and will have to go through this process again 🤷‍♀️.

I also discovered that the majority of contact telephone numbers no longer work. It set me wondering how many companies Business Continuity Planning has been found to be inadequate! Virtually most since no-one anticipated such an event to be conceivable.

Perhaps it's the UK bank. My husband had a credit balance on his Visa card which he was cancelling and they refunded to our checking account. Took 2 business days to appear.  

On 4/27/2020 at 2:10 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Exactly!  It seems they're refunding money in absolutely no methodical way.  Drives me crazy.  I'd love to be doing the refund work from home.  It would be gratifying!   Many people are holding off on booking new cruises until they get the money back, so I wish Celebrity would get their act in gear and get the refunds done.

They are all holding on to the money because they are all cash poor.  They need your money to pay their other bills.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If they are holding on to money, why are we getting refunds?!

I haven't heard of a single cash refund from the first batch that were cancelled in March.  By refund I mean they had paid the entire amount not just a deposit.  I have not heard of even one.  This would lead people to really question whether to book a cruise with even a deposit.

I had four this year on four lines and have not heard of one fully paid refund in March on any of them.

Why mention March?  Because they were the first who got cancelled and should be first to get their money.  This cash poor thing is an industry thing and not just X.  No wonder people are heading to the credit card route.

Edited by Nymich