Carnival’s Text Alert Service

Just now, xDisconnections said:

Yikes.

There was much confusion, I even called a friend at Carnival (at a fairly high level) to ask this person if they knew the status....they were planning to sail until the "call" came.  

I also sign up for the text alert when it is sent to my iphone before a cruise.    It would seem quite easy for CCL to institute this system on a much larger scale. NY has done it on a state-wide and local level.    I do not get email on my phone (my choice) and often do not have access to a computer to check my email while enroute to a cruise.  Getting text alerts would be so much easier, imho.

Was able to complete my on-line check in for my June 28th cruise this morning (90 days out)    I recieved the text message to sign up for text alerts while I was doing the check in!!!   Hopeful that Carnival starts using this method to communicate as well.

Only note I will make is that when replying I needed to add my booking number as well, ie  ALERT 7CCC77.

Immediately received a confirmation that I was subscribed!!

So far, we've only had a few people who signed up for this and who had recent cruises cancelled say they never received a text alert. Now that Carnival's announcement has been released and there's a new round of cancellations, use of this service is more important than ever. I'd definitely like to hear from more people who are in this situation so we can get a better sample size. The more people, the better our conclusions. But considering it's designed to be a mass-messaging service, especially when it comes to notifying passengers of a cancellation, and no one's talking about it, it's not looking promising that anyone was notified this way.

• Like 1

• CCHelp changed the title to Carnival’s Text Travel Alert Service
2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

So far, we've only had a few people who signed up for this and who had recent cruises cancelled say they never received a text alert. Now that Carnival's announcement has been released and there's a new round of cancellations, use of this service is more important than ever. I'd definitely like to hear from more people who are in this situation so we can get a better sample size. The more people, the better our conclusions. But considering it's designed to be a mass-messaging service, especially when it comes to notifying passengers of a cancellation, and no one's talking about it, it's not looking promising that anyone was notified this way.

Agreed, just announced another round of cancellations.  Was anyone affected already signed up for these text notifications???   If so did they get one??    I'm still out past May 11th, so wouldn't have got one if they had sent them

I am signed up for text alerts for my April 11th cruise, got the confirmation text when I completed online check-in ages ago. Got the email at just after 7am regarding the official cancellation of my cruise. No text message at all about it. 

Just now, Wanna_Cruize said:

I am signed up for text alerts for my April 11th cruise, got the confirmation text when I completed online check-in ages ago. Got the email at just after 7am regarding the official cancellation of my cruise. No text message at all about it. 

Well that's not what we were hoping to hear.   Sorry about your cruise, but thanks for letting us know about the texting service

As we were driving the 7 hour drive to the port for on March 13 for our cruise that was supposed to leave the next day, I got a text notification from Carnival that said Fog alert and that there may be delays in boarding due to fog. On this site and other social media, I read that Royal and NCL cancelled their cruises. Nothing from Carnival. Later on as we arrived to our hotel, I read on my phone that Trump had announced Carnival and all the other lines agreed to suspend cruising. We knew our cruise was cancelled due to what I was reading online but I never got a notification about it from Carnival. Sometime in the middle of the night they sent an email which I read the next morning (day of the cruise). I found it odd that they could send a notification about fog delays but not to tell everyone they wouldn't be sailing.

6 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Agreed, just announced another round of cancellations.  Was anyone affected already signed up for these text notifications???   If so did they get one??    I'm still out past May 11th, so wouldn't have got one if they had sent them

If they'd actually make use of this, then I think it should still be used even after we get through this whole mess. Bury me at sea had mentioned in another thread that his cruise was cancelled and he didn't get a text alert, but he thought maybe it was because his cruise wasn't scheduled for imminent departure. To that I say, it shouldn't matter. They should be using this service regardless of how close a cruise is. If they make the decision to cancel, send the alert. It's that simple.

I would love to see this implemented, and not just for cancellations. Their TOS also mentions payment reminders and important information & updates in general. Bad weather at the home port, itinerary changes, info. during hurricane season, the list goes on. There's so many good uses for it. They say payment reminders and cancellation texts would be limited to 5 and no more than 10 alerts total, but I wouldn't care. It's an opt-in service, so if I choose to do it, then hit me with anything important. We can always opt-out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If they'd actually make use of this, then I think it should still be used even after we get through this whole mess. Bury me at sea had mentioned in another thread that his cruise was cancelled and he didn't get a text alert, but he thought maybe it was because his cruise wasn't scheduled for imminent departure. To that I say, it shouldn't matter. They should be using this service regardless of how close a cruise is. If they make the decision to cancel, send the alert. It's that simple.

I would love to see this implemented, and not just for cancellations. Their TOS also mentions payment reminders and important information & updates in general. Bad weather at the home port, itinerary changes, info. during hurricane season, the list goes on. There's so many good uses for it. They say payment reminders and cancellation texts would be limited to 5 and no more than 10 alerts total, but I wouldn't care. It's an opt-in service, so if I choose to do it, then hit me with anything important. We can always opt-out.

Yes absolutely!!  It's as though they have the correct tool, yet refuse to use it!!

• Like 1