New (Lower) FCC Offer for Cancelled Cruises

DojoMojo

37 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Not interested in credit, the same cruise will not be at the same price so it will end up costing us more money next year. Want a full refund only.

Maureen.

You won't get a full refund.  If you read carefully both their new cancellation terms and your booking contract, you will only get FCC for the amount of your cancellation fees.  So if you wait until after it drops to 50%, you will get 50% cash and 50% in FCC.  If you wait until they cancel, they will give you FCC.  That's how I read it, anyway.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, cruisegal415 said:

You won't get a full refund.  If you read carefully both their new cancellation terms and your booking contract, you will only get FCC for the amount of your cancellation fees.  So if you wait until after it drops to 50%, you will get 50% cash and 50% in FCC.  If you wait until they cancel, they will give you FCC.  That's how I read it, anyway.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

If they cancel they have to fully refund your money. It is only if you cancel that they give FCC. 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, Coral said:

No.

I was basically saying that a June or July Alaskan cruise probably won't get as much compensation as someone whose cruise was cancelled 1-30 days out.

The more notice, the less compensation.  Seems practical and fair to me, especially given that the cancellation are not caused by Princess.

7 hours ago, subaru94 said:

Not sure I think you lose it, we had $200 each OBC  on the 25th May cruise out of Western Australia

Depends on the source of the OBC.

For example, if it was from using a FCD, the FCD would be restored in your account and you would get the appropriate OBC when you use the FCD the next time.

But if the OBC was part of a booking amenity, such as from a 3-for-free promotion, then that OBC is "lost" as you no longer have a booking with that promotion.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Depends on the source of the OBC.

For example, if it was from using a FCD, the FCD would be restored in your account and you would get the appropriate OBC when you use the FCD the next time.

But if the OBC was part of a booking amenity, such as from a 3-for-free promotion, then that OBC is "lost" as you no longer have a booking with that promotion.

o.k. thank you I thought that maybe the case.