Alaska Cruise May 16 2020 Golden Princess

Lisas mom

I am confused as to what the policy for cancellation is for this cruise.  So far Princess has not canceled this cruise even though I understand Canada will not allow us to dock.  If I cancel (I have Princess platinum insurance) do I just get a FCC?  If Princess cancels, do I get the total cruise payment back?  We could really use the cash back at this stage.  Thank you for all your help.

we are also booked on this cruise.  We are waiting for Princess to cancel.  If they cancel, you should get 100% of money back.  Some others booked are waiting so they can get extra FCC to put to another cruise.  I would think that we will definitely have an answer by April 30th

28 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

we are also booked on this cruise.  We are waiting for Princess to cancel.  If they cancel, you should get 100% of money back.  Some others booked are waiting so they can get extra FCC to put to another cruise.  I would think that we will definitely have an answer by April 30th

Thank you.  We would just be happy with the money back at this point.  I just hope they follow Carnival Cruises and cancel Alaska cruises for the month of May and I believe June as well.  

Wait for Princess to cancel at this point. You have a better chance of getting all of your money back and not using insurance. You may have your choice of options. 

Edited by Coral

36 minutes ago, WmFCoyote said:

I just looked at this cruise. It shows "Pricing not Available", this could be for any reason but most likely for either cancelation or site maintenance.

I noticed the same thing last night on our June cruise but it eventually came back. I suspect the cruises will be cancelled but that has yet to happen.

We are booked on the May 13th sailing on the Star ... I'm wondering what they are waiting for.  I just want cash back as they've already canceled one of my cruises (supposed to sail on Saturday) and so have FCC from that one and then have some gift cards that I need to use up as well.  I'm not expecting anything else but my cash back.  I am really hoping they don't cancel the other two sailings I have booked for this year as they are all out of San Francisco.   I guess it all depends on if it was a decision made by the governance in San Francisco or if it was just Carnival that canceled their sailings for the remainder of the year.  I'm hoping for the latter but will be slightly disappointed if it is the former.  Life will still go on either way.