FCC and $600 OBC question...

Our PVP has been trying all afternoon to get ours.  Have only seen $100 posted on our booking so far.  on 3/9 we cancelled our 4/25 cruise, used FCC and rescheduled for next yea so we fall within the guidelines of the email that was sent earlier this week.  Wait and see at this point.   

2 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

So I can just book the cruise I have on hold with a deposit  and the when I can actually get through to an agent have them move my fcc and obc onto the new cruise I booked? Same day different ship. 

That's what I did.  I had an April cruise booked.  Last week, I put a deposit down on a cruise in September.  Different ship and different port.  I called later in the day on Monday and spoke to a Carnival agent.  She was able to cancel my April cruise and move everything I paid to my new cruise.  Then she also added the $600 OBC to my new cruise.  She did this in about 20 minutes and sent a confirmation within minutes. I only have a $78 balance now on my new cruise.  My original cruise was an inside, but I decided to book a balcony.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

That's what I did.  I had an April cruise booked.  Last week, I put a deposit down on a cruise in September.  Different ship and different port.  I called later in the day on Monday and spoke to a Carnival agent.  She was able to cancel my April cruise and move everything I paid to my new cruise.  Then she also added the $600 OBC to my new cruise.  She did this in about 20 minutes and sent a confirmation within minutes. I only have a $78 balance now on my new cruise.  My original cruise was an inside, but I decided to book a balcony.

Thank you for the prompt reply. We are moving to a balcony from an OV to make sure we use all of our FCC as we have fcc from  Radiance cancelling and from a hurricane issue from last year and there isn’t much cabin choice to make sure we spend it all. 

Edited by BroadwayGirl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Did you see your 600 OBC on your booking right away? I just had everything transferred successfully from my May cruise to our newly booked cruise. I asked about the OBC and she said you would see it when we boarded which seemed strange but this is a strange situation. Just dont want to miss getting it if it is suppose to show on my booking. 

11 minutes ago, lagienomai said:

Did you see your 600 OBC on your booking right away? I just had everything transferred successfully from my May cruise to our newly booked cruise. I asked about the OBC and she said you would see it when we boarded which seemed strange but this is a strange situation. Just dont want to miss getting it if it is suppose to show on my booking. 

Unless we see it in our booking I'm not trusting it will be there when we board.  I know these are unusual & overwhelming times but in the past they've been able to add OBC within minutes while we were on the phone (& that was after getting approval from a supervisor while we waited on the phone).  

Here's the thing, if they can add $100 OBC this afternoon, why couldn't they have put in $600???  Falls under the things that make me go hmmmm category.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get it & supremely disappointed if we don't & reconsider Carnival cruising in the future.  

Edited by IcanSeaclearlynow

19 minutes ago, lagienomai said:

I see it on my booking.

This is from my email.  It's the $600 OBC plus $100 because I own Carnival stock.  When I emailed the request for the $100 OBC for stock right after I put the deposit down on the cruise, they responded within one day! So I am pretty sure that extra $100 is for the stock.   Everything for my new cruise was in the email the Carnival agent sent to me as soon as I got off of the phone with her.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE 
  Final Payment Due Date  28/Jun/2020   

On Board Credit  $700.00  
Edited by TNcruising02

15 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I see it on my booking.

This is from my email.  It's the $600 OBC plus $100 because I own Carnival stock.  When I emailed the request for the $100 OBC for stock right after I put the deposit down on the cruise, they responded within one day! So I am pretty sure that extra $100 is for the stock.   Everything for my new cruise was in the email the Carnival agent sent to me as soon as I got off of the phone with her.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE 
  Final Payment Due Date  28/Jun/2020   

On Board Credit  $700.00  

Thanks. Guess I will be calling them back. I started to question her more before I hung up. Glad they are easy to work with once you get through. I am sure they are overwhelmed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lagienomai said:

Thanks. Guess I will be calling them back. I started to question her more before I hung up. Glad they are easy to work with once you get through. I am sure they are overwhelmed.

Yes, I would call back and say that the previous agent forgot to add the $600 OBC.

15 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Thanks all.

I have some additional clarification need...

So, I booked a 16 day cruise for $4,000.  If I decide to take the FCC and $600 OBC, and have an existing 7 day cruise for $1500... do I get the $600 OBC, plus an additional FCC of $2,500 ? 

Not according to the letter that Carnival sent out. You would get the OBC plus up to $1,500 toward your cruise (can't be used for taxes, fees, port expenses, insurance or gratuities).

16 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Thanks all.

So, I booked a 16 day cruise for $4,000.  If I decide to take the FCC and $600 OBC, and have an existing 7 day cruise for $1500... do I get the $600 OBC, plus an additional FCC of $2,500 ? 

I am not sure which cruise is being cancelled. if your $4,000 cruise is cancelled, you get a $4,000 FCC, but it has to be applied to 1 new sailing. so you would lose $2,500 applying it the the 7 day cruise.

I am on one of the cancelled Radiance cruises.   I did not yet get the email with the terms of cancellation.  How is the FCC calculated?  Is it just the value of the deposit?  Thank you and stay healthy so we can all cruise again soon.😀

1 hour ago, Denverdonkeys said:

I am not sure which cruise is being cancelled. if your $4,000 cruise is cancelled, you get a $4,000 FCC, but it has to be applied to 1 new sailing. so you would lose $2,500 applying it the the 7 day cruise.

Thanks... that is how I read it too.

I talked to two different Carnival reps who said I had to speak to a supervisor to get the $600 on board credit applied to my booking.  The first call was dropped after she said she would get a supervisor.  The 2nd call I was told it was to late to get a supervisor because customer service closed in 15 minutes.  So now I have to call a 3rd time, all for the OBC THEY are offering. 

I do not want to wait until the day of my sailing to see if it's on my card because that's nearly a year away and they would have no way of verifying that I took the FCC and OBC over the refund and I don't want to deal with arguing on the first day of my cruise.  I just want the OBC to show on my reservation now.  

This is probably why the call wait times are so long, if half of callers need to talk to a supervisor just to get the on board credit.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Thanks all.

They took my extra  FCC and added it as OBC. I had an extra $420 left after I rebooked and it was added to my on board account.

Also, I didn't put a deposit down on my new cruise. I looked online and decided what I wanted, called my PVP and left a message. He called me back less than half an hour later and set it all up and transferred my money for me. It didn't cost me anything out of pocket...

Edited by Angiedw1