Same Cruise - Different FCC Experience

My friend's family and my family are scheduled to go on the Freedom of the Seas 6/7/20.  We know chances are it will get cancelled.  Here is the rub:

We were originally booked on Oasis of the Seas 4/5/20; we cancelled 3/9/20 through our Big Box TA. We are still both waiting for our FCC.

Meanwhile, we booked the "new" cruise on Freedom. She paid NOTHING except taxes to hold the cruise.  I was asked for a $750 deposit which I paid. Different experience!

I called regularly to see where my FCC is to apply before 3/31/20 final deadline . I am told anything from "they will be there tomorrow" to "could take up to 30 days". Okay.

3/31/20 hits.  Deadline for final payment due.  I ask for an extension because I am waiting for FCC.  They give me 7 days -but- they want 50% of the cruise fare now in cash!

Friend's experience: no payment due. In fact, she gets an invoice for the balance due on 3/31. She calls and they EXTEND her due date until 4/13 (when the FCC is supposed to appear)!

I call today. Tell them the 2 experiences.  They say there is nothing I can do except call back on the extended date of 4/7/20.  Maybe they will do something, but the reality is they will ask me for the balance due out of pocket.  So at that point, I have paid the cruise in FULL in CASH because I will still be waiting for these FCC.  Meanwhile, my friend has paid nothing, has a standing reservation, and is extended a deadline of 4/13!

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.  I am paying this $$$ hedging ,that a) they will give me back the out-of-pocket money in cash when the FCC gets applied, and b) I will get all of it back when the cruise is cancelled, as I am 99% sure it will be.

I am so upset that we are directly being told my friend's booking was done incorrectly (outside of guidelines) and she has had such a different experience than me. Nobody will listen.  Nobody will escalate at RCCL. I just want them to move the final payment date to align with the FCC date of 30 days (4/10).  

Based on this experience,  this will probably be our last cruise with them for a very long time.  I know my booking is just "following the rules" but it is just rubbing salt in the wound when my friend has paid nothing and I am going to be asked for more cash if I don't see the FCC (which seem to be taking exactly 30 days at best).  There is no sensitivity to the fact that we basically already paid for a cruise, cancelled and they have our money hostage.  Plus, they bend rules for others; when you call them on it, they do nothing.  Makes no sense and someone at a higher level at RCCL should be looking at this.  

Why do you think the fcc hits on 4/10. There isnt a 30 days rule the fcc will be issued by

My april 26th is cancelled and it says april 30th which is 5 weeks from date cancelled but I'm hearing they dont start processing until after the date of my cruise.

What is you friend going to do if she doesnt have her fcc by april 13th? 

If you want to not book again it's up to you, but who knows how long the fcc will take. I havent seen any 30 day promises from royal tbh.

People are saying carnival is telling them up to 90 days. Go book there if you prefer even later.

Edited by firefly333

28 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Why do you think the fcc hits on 4/10. There isnt a 30 days rule the fcc will be issued by

My april 26th is cancelled and it says april 30th which is 5 weeks from date cancelled but I'm hearing they dont start processing until after the date of my cruise.

What is you friend going to do if she doesnt have her fcc by april 13th? 

If you want to not book again it's up to you, but who knows how long the fcc will take. I havent seen any 30 day promises from royal tbh.

People are saying carnival is telling them up to 90 days. Go book there if you prefer even later.

Agree, no guarantees when everyone will get FCC on Royal. In other situations not 10th as bad took 4-6 weeks some get their FCC

I called to rebook and had the same issue.  No one knows when the FCC will be issued and my cruise was in March.  I am still waiting because I have no other choice and it will come when it comes. I wouldn't book a new cruise but I wasn't willing to pay out more money.  Every time the new date comes up tell them flat out you don't have the money and see what they say.  Otherwise a credit card  or refund with another FCC are your only options.

10 hours ago, bearette said:

I called to rebook and had the same issue.  No one knows when the FCC will be issued and my cruise was in March.  I am still waiting because I have no other choice and it will come when it comes. I wouldn't book a new cruise but I wasn't willing to pay out more money.  Every time the new date comes up tell them flat out you don't have the money and see what they say.  Otherwise a credit card  or refund with another FCC are your only options.

The problem is that I can't get a credit card refund right now.  If I could, I would end this.  I am beyond the "final" payment date, so my only option is to cancel and get a FCC.  I don't want any more credits.  I feel stuck.