Has Your Future Cruise Credit Been Issued?

Twigster

We were scheduled to be on a cruise leaving Miami on March 13th.    A few days before our sail date, MSC created the "Cruise Assurance" program, offering passengers the opportunity to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. On March 10th, I called MSC to participate in the program, cancelled our cruise, and immediately was sent an email containing a "Cruise Assurance Request Number".  However, I have yet to receive a follow-up email confirming the credit, the amount, or anything else.  I am curious to know if others are also waiting for their emails?  Just beginning to wonder if there may have been some sort of problem with ours.

Same here. Cancelled June4 cruise on March12 and submitted FCC form. Received FCC request number and told email would follow in 14 days. Still nothing , except MSC offering us upgrade bid on that cruise. Manage my booking still shows as active booking.

Is there any way to cancel prepaid items now?  Still waiting for MSC to process FCC and some have suggested cancelling prepaid items online.  I went into our booking and cannot see how to cancel prepaid laundry package. Thanks.

I didn't think you could cancel prepaid items online but I did read a report here about being able to do so a few days ago.

Our booking is gone but probably due to end of cruise date has passed and you are June.

51 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Still waiting. Requested FCC March 14. Surely someone has received theirs by now. I do not a phone call will help. Has anyone had any positive results yet?

I decided to call today to speak with the FCC department. I was told that although the original estimate of 2-3 weeks to process the FCC and send out the email with the details had been 2-3 weeks, they are now being told to advise passengers that because of the volume of requests, it may take up to 60 days to process.  I was reassured that as long as I had a Reference Number (the one in the initial email), not to worry and it would be fine.  Finally, I also was advised that the tax and port fees would be refunded to my credit card and the FCC would be limited to the actual pre-tax cost of the cabin/experience.  Perhaps others have received similar information?

Edited by Twigster

3 hours ago, Twigster said:

I decided to call today to speak with the FCC department. I was told that although the original estimate of 2-3 weeks to process the FCC and send out the email with the details had been 2-3 weeks, they are now being told to advise passengers that because of the volume of requests, it may take up to 60 days to process.  I was reassured that as long as I had a Reference Number (the one in the initial email), not to worry and it would be fine.  Finally, I also was advised that the tax and port fees would be refunded to my credit card and the FCC would be limited to the actual pre-tax cost of the cabin/experience.  Perhaps others have received similar information?

Twigster- WELCOME to Cruise Critic.   Sorry , it has to be under these circumstances.  Seems we are all looking for information right now.

20 hours ago, Twigster said:

Thanks for update.  Did they say how long for tax and port fees?

Just now, dexddd said:

Thanks for update.  Did they say how long for tax and port fees?

No, they did not.  The sense I got from my conversation was that they have to process each request individually since the FCC program was a sudden decision and there probably was neither an automated system nor a dedicated staff in place to manage this task.  I can only imagine the sheer volume of the job...how many thousands of passengers must there have been on all of cruises that had to be cancelled!  60 days may be optimistic.

I send this text only as a caution. I can't foresee into the future I read lots and trying to digest where the cruise industry is at this point and time. Many of you will likely elect to take an enhanced FCC.  Also, I realize that many were booked with other corporation. The current share value for Carnival Corp has gone from $56 Dec. 26/19 to a current Apr. 3/20 posting of $8.62 a share. On Mar 13/20 Carnival Corp. secured the final portion of loan procurement balance of $3 billion to shore up the Corp due to COVID19.  For the fiscal year end of November 2020, Carnival Corp is predicting a net loss.

The American Federal government is not including the cruise industry for any type of funding assistance.  The cruise industry has chosen to register their business off-shore.  If you don't pay American taxes why should you received American assistance?

All cruise-lines have taken a huge financial hit it will remain to be see who comes out the other side.  

I was prudent and chose to cancel early. I managed to recover all my commitments on flights, hotels and extended travel in Europe.  In talking to an associate on Apr 2/20 - VISA (Canada) insurance coverage to date they have 24,000 requests for funds recovery - this insurance is to a maximum of $1,500 (Cdn) per individual.

• 20 hours ago, Twigster said:

21 hours ago, cellfree said:

Still waiting. Requested FCC March 14. Surely someone has received theirs by now. I do not a phone call will help. Has anyone had any positive results yet?

On 4/6/2020 at 10:35 PM, cellfree said:

Our cruise was March 29 and we cancelled (opted for 125% FCC) on March 14 and have not received anything yet apart from the computer generated response to our request. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:05 PM, Twigster said:

We were scheduled to be on a cruise leaving Miami on March 13th.    A few days before our sail date, MSC created the "Cruise Assurance" program, offering passengers the opportunity to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. On March 10th, I called MSC to participate in the program, cancelled our cruise, and immediately was sent an email containing a "Cruise Assurance Request Number".  However, I have yet to receive a follow-up email confirming the credit, the amount, or anything else.  I am curious to know if others are also waiting for their emails?  Just beginning to wonder if there may have been some sort of problem with ours.

We were also scheduled to sail on March 13th onboard Divina. We called to take advantage of the Cruise Assurance program the same day as you as my husband and I both are in high risk groups. We have nothing but an email confirmation with request number. We did not receive a refund of port fees and taxes. Unfortunately, we had 2 cruises out of Venice in June with MSC. Lost flights, wondering if our cruise money is lost, too. I don’t think Europe is going to be welcoming US citizens in early June.

We were to sail out of Galveston on March 29.  Received credit today and I do not get RCL's math.  I thought the deal was 125% of what you paid.  Well, my cruise cost $1,600. My cruise credit for me was $1,053, and  $401 for my Wife.  for a total of $1,454.  Here are their explanations.

• Please know, your credit is based on the amount paid on your cancelled reservation. If you see a lower value, you may have had a rate that lowered your cruise fare, like our Kids Sail Free promotion, BOGO or other offers.
  • Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021.
  • If the FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund.
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

So I don't see how $1,660 paid in full comes down to $1,454 and that is what I paid plus 25%

Unfortunately, I cannot imagine that this pandemic is going to be over as soon as June.  It's a wave traveling across the globe with various regions being impacted at different times as the virus enters nations sequentially.  And, I suspect the potential for a "bounce back" has to be managed as regions, such as Europe, which hopefully will have dealt with the virus and "recovered" (although the devastation will be pronounced) as of June...or more likely not until the late summer... will face the challenge of whether to admit people from the regions then being affected.   When will Italy be prepared and willing to admit tourists and cruise liners...who knows?  While tourism is an important economic consideration, it pales in comparison to the loss of life that comes with this killer.  Yesterday, the CDC issued an order prohibiting cruise ships from operating in US waters for 100 additional days unless the Sec of Health and Human Services or the CDC issues a counter-order stating that Covid-19 no longer constitutes a public health danger.  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships_Extension_4-9-20-encrypted.pdf.   Might other nations follow suit?

20 hours ago, Rustic23 said:

We were to sail out of Galveston on March 29.  Received credit today and I do not get RCL's math.  I thought the deal was 125% of what you paid.  Well, my cruise cost $1,600. My cruise credit for me was $1,053, and  $401 for my Wife.  for a total of $1,454.  Here are their explanations.

• Please know, your credit is based on the amount paid on your cancelled reservation. If you see a lower value, you may have had a rate that lowered your cruise fare, like our Kids Sail Free promotion, BOGO or other offers.
  • Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021.
  • If the FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation which includes claims through our travel protection or requesting a refund.
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

So I don't see how $1,660 paid in full comes down to $1,454 and that is what I paid plus 25%

This is the MSC board, but both RCL and MSC are using similar logic. Was the $1600 paid in full the total cost of your cruise, or the cost before port fees and taxes? You should be refunded port fees and taxes to your original form of payment, the 125% FCC is only on the sailing subtotal amount. 125% of $1163 would get you to $1454 FCC, leaving $437 in port fees and taxes to soon be refunded.

On the other hand, I've read that royal has been screwing up FCC amounts like crazy, so /shrug.

Edited by skiierx131

On 4/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, friedaliene said:

All cruise-lines have taken a huge financial hit it will remain to be see who comes out the other side.  

I was prudent and chose to cancel early. I managed to recover all my commitments on flights, hotels and extended travel in Europe.  In talking to an associate on Apr 2/20 - VISA (Canada) insurance coverage to date they have 24,000 requests for funds recovery - this insurance is to a maximum of $1,500 (Cdn) per individual.

• I am from Halifax and had a MSC cruise cancelled. Really looks like MSC is dragging their feet on this. What is Visa able to do? When you speak of 24,000 requests, were these flights/cruises or both? The disappointing thing is that we are supposed to now have enhanced flyer rights, but airlines are able to cancel flights without refunds. Certainly doesn't work this way when we cancel a flight...

We got confirmation of our FCC requests almost instantly, on the day it was first offered.  Today I looked at our account; our cruises due to begin in 8 days are still there.

I'm not concerned, however; I think Twigster is correct that the sudden situation overwhelmed the available people and the websites.  Each of us has our own situation that will have to be dealt with individually.  Better that they do so carefully now rather than rush through it and make mistakes.

16 hours ago, Casanova02 said:

Can you give us more informations ?  

yes, there has been an advisory from MSC in some locations, that as of Tuesday, after Easter holidays, new programme of credits AND  refunds will begin to be processed, i suggest you contact your agent/MSC, good luck.

In GOOGLE FRENCH;

Oui, il y a eu un avis de MSC dans certains endroits, qu'à partir de mardi, après les vacances de Pâques, un nouveau programme de crédits ET de remboursements commencera à être traité, je vous suggère de contacter votre agent / MSC, bonne chance.