Has anyone cancelled a princess cruise lately?

teddie2

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I should also add that I was very glad that we used EZ Air as the airfares were cancelled along with the cruise and we did not have to do anything with either of the airlines we were using for the round trip. In addition to the $ 200 off airfare they were giving as a promotion when we booked, that turned out to be another advantage.

That’s a great benefit. Next time when we cruise again I’ll consider this option.  Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by botbien

I too am using a travel agent;  happens to me my best friend.  He has gone over and above with getting things corrected.  The good thing about using him; he has common sense; doesn't panic, and gives me the option to get FCC or cash back.  I took the FCC because they added to it.  So that's a good thing.

3 hours ago, teddie2 said:

Wow that should not have happened. It clearly said on my reservation  If payment was not received by a certain date that the reservation would be canceled.

I spoke to  the princess agent that helped me with my initial booking and he sent me some sort of cancelation notice but there's no indication of how much I had put down and would be refunded to me it was just a statement that I cancelled the reservation and showed the cost of the trip which was not helpful as it still does not prove they owe me $1500

Yes, the TA admitted that it was an error on her part.

30 minutes ago, botbien said:

Yes, I cancelled through my TA. 

May be time to look for a better TA.  I know I'm not using mine anymore.  All I've gotten is crickets even though she works for a very large national organization.  Good luck with your refund.

12 hours ago, Daniel A said:

May be time to look for a better TA.  I know I'm not using mine anymore.  All I've gotten is crickets even though she works for a very large national organization.  Good luck with your refund.

Thank you.  I don't know who will be our next TA, but I will definitely not go back this TA.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

Can you dispute the charge since you did not authorize it? Might be a quicker way to get your money back.

That's what the TA suggested me to do.  I called the bank today and the rep I spoke with said that she had handled a few cases just like mine recently.  The payments are still pending transactions, so the bank could not dispute.  I will have to call back when it's posted to my account.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:22 AM, teddie2 said:

Actually that is a good idea.. I can give them my husbands as he has gmail and see if that is better as i have yahoo... 

Your yahoo email account may be full and bouncing emails if you have not been deleting emails over time

So the Princess agent who booked my cruise sent me a cancelation notice but all it says is the trip was canceled and how much the the total trip cost but nothing about how much I paid and what they owe me.

I asked him to give that to me and he said he could not put numbers in an email and that all he could say is that I will be refunded 

If anyone received a cancelation from princess did it state how much was already paid or what amount would be refunded?

I don't want to keep bugging this guy if Princess is not providing that info to anyone else