Azura ‘smell’ and cabin position

P&O SUE

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Legalities don't seem to matter at the moment Harry.. 

My daughter is having a struggle with a holiday company who will only offer credit, ABTA say they shouldn't but won't do anything to enforce it at the moment... 

They have effectively said 'see you in court'... 

At least P&O are giving refunds, all be it delayed... 

Andy 

We have 2 land holidays booked and paid for with a major UK Tour Operator with a total of about £1000 at the moment and are only being offered future credit for a holiday. No chance of money back / refunds and only given the chance to book within 12 months. (This is causing us an issue as we are stuck with school holidays and have other things booked for the times when we could holiday).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I rang and booked my cruise, I asked the lady about the refit, and she said the plans are that it will be done when they are able to get back to work as all crusies are suspsneded until October so they will be looking to get it done in between when they can go back to work and sailing again - obvioulsy I have no idea if this is correct just what I was told on the phone

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Just resurrecting this thread as a member of our family wants to go to the Med on Azura and are looking at a mid ships cabin. We would always go aft so not an issue for us, but I've just been reading up on the 'Azura smell'. We never had an issue in April 2019 but it still seems to be around.

Does anyone know a decent cabin probably deck c mid ships away from this smell (if there is one) and NOT on the smoking side.

Thanks

Edited by Presto2

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just resurrecting this thread as a member of our family wants to go to the Med on Azura and are looking at a mid ships cabin. We would always go aft so not an issue for us, but I've just been reading up on the 'Azura smell'. We never had an issue in April 2019 but it still seems to be around.

Does anyone know a decent cabin probably deck c mid ships away from this smell (if there is one) and the smoking side.

Thanks

I’ve forgotten now exactly where this smell was, but it was only in one specific public area, and it’s possible that it doesn’t actually affect any cabins. Like you, we’re always aft, so I can’t be sure of that, but we only ever noticed it when passing through one of the public areas.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Does anyone know a decent cabin probably deck c mid ships away from this smell (if there is one) and NOT on the smoking side.

Thanks

No issue besides Lanzarote last year and that was while they were either getting rid of waste into the truck or loading oil. Smelt it leaving the ship around midships that was the only time. March smelt it on one of the sea days FWD prom deck only last about 5 minutes give or take. I think we had A304 and Parents had A306 back in October and March we were R303 & R305 never smelt it from them positions.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’ve forgotten now exactly where this smell was, but it was only in one specific public area, and it’s possible that it doesn’t actually affect any cabins. Like you, we’re always aft, so I can’t be sure of that, but we only ever noticed it when passing through one of the public areas.

Having recently encountered this problem ( and commented on it on our recent review)  I can confirm the awful smell is sporadic and is present around the front of the ship near to the retreat and nearly always on the upper decks, never smelt it at the rear of the ship, it is definitely not from any port as it was noticeable on sea days as well 👍  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2023 at 6:18 PM, Presto2 said:

Thanks

Blimey Presto, you gave me a shock seeing this thread - I couldn’t remember posting it 😂

• Haha 1

Was on Azura last week and the smell was definitely noticeable outside on the promenade deck 7 starboard side / aft. We subsequently referred to it as the poop deck for the rest of the trip!

never noticed it anywhere inside the ship though thankfully

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2