Would you cancel September Bos-Canada cruise or not??

sdnich

I watch the daily updates on tv with the Gov and state CDC director. When the Gov was explaining her reopening plan/schedule she said the 3 phases (1-May, 2-June, 3-July/August) will all mandate anyone visiting Maine to complete a 14 day self quarantine. During the Q&A session that followed a reporter asked about cruise ships. Her response was that it would be impossible to accept cruise ships until phase 4 (no projected date for this), when the mandated quarantine period would be lifted. So, although it was not specifically stated in any published document, she was clear that cruise ships would not be coming into Maine ports until after the 14 day mandate is gone. She wouldn't discuss a possible time frame for phase 4... and admitted that it could be "quite a while" before it happened. Maine won't be open for tourism this summer.

I just cancel the September B2B to NE & Canada, 2 months for the refundable deposit to be back on my CC and 2 billing cycles for the items in the CP. Next cruise until Feb 21, the Connie out of Tampa.

Edited by gerelmx

1 hour ago, MEcruzr said:

I watch the daily updates on tv with the Gov and state CDC director. When the Gov was explaining her reopening plan/schedule she said the 3 phases (1-May, 2-June, 3-July/August) will all mandate anyone visiting Maine to complete a 14 day self quarantine. During the Q&A session that followed a reporter asked about cruise ships. Her response was that it would be impossible to accept cruise ships until phase 4 (no projected date for this), when the mandated quarantine period would be lifted. So, although it was not specifically stated in any published document, she was clear that cruise ships would not be coming into Maine ports until after the 14 day mandate is gone. She wouldn't discuss a possible time frame for phase 4... and admitted that it could be "quite a while" before it happened. Maine won't be open for tourism this summer.

Thanks for your post and the clear overview of the reopening plan. 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

After seeing a short interview with the Maine gov... seems that state will be very tight  and closed for quite awhile!

I agree. Our two southern most counties are the hardest hit... Portland is a 6.5 hour drive from Philly, 5.5 from Newark, 5 from NYC,  and just 2 hours from Boston, so we are going to stay closed until those areas are under control. If we open up our beaches, state parks, lodging, restaurants and bars we are going to be inundated with people trying to escape their sick cities. Maine is doing great, it's our neighbors to the south that are the issue. Our Canadian neighbors have closed the border (thank you).

• Like 1

A quote from the Gov's update this afternoon...

"The day before yesterday, 252 people died – in one day alone – in Massachusetts, from the virus – A state only fifteen miles from our southernmost town.

I will do everything in my power to make sure that this deadly and untreatable virus does not hop a plane, a bus, a truck or a train, an SUV or an RV… and land here and take over our state as it has taken hold in others."

5 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

I agree. Our two southern most counties are the hardest hit... Portland is a 6.5 hour drive from Philly, 5.5 from Newark, 5 from NYC,  and just 2 hours from Boston, so we are going to stay closed until those areas are under control. If we open up our beaches, state parks, lodging, restaurants and bars we are going to be inundated with people trying to escape their sick cities. Maine is doing great, it's our neighbors to the south that are the issue. Our Canadian neighbors have closed the border (thank you).

I hear you.. The east end of Long Island has  many folks from NYC in vacation homes they own or in rentals, much earlier than summer season.

Our suburban counties must make hosp beds available for cases from NYC...probably ups our numbers

Would love more things to open sooner but may not be quite ready here! So far just golf( very restricted) and marinas..maybe some local parks soon..