***FCC and OBC -- Questions and Issues re onboard and future cruise credit***

kgb46

I usually book cruises in my own and didn’t even think about the PVP I had used in the past, I just shot her an email and within a minute or so she called me back. Reports their system is down, but, will take care of it and ring be back. 

Your OBC is $325, and is listed at the very bottom; $300 for rescheduling your cruise instead of cancelling, and I’m sure the $25 was the promotion included with the rate you booked under. 

Not sure why part of what was moved over to the new cruise is showing as “credits/coupons.” How did you pay for your original cruise? Did you use any gift cards? If so, that might be it. 

3 minutes ago, 1city@atime said:

The original cruise was 100% paid for with credit card, not giftcards. Looks like my cruise rate without taxes was $588. Is that my total FCC? I had FCC of $150 put towards this cruise, looks like I lost that along the way somehow.

I think the fcc can only be applied to one cruise. Do you have a booking agent or someone to ask?

I'm really confused about the 100% Full Fare and knowing what to expect.  The notation at the bottom of the email states "The FCC is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage.  I was still waiting to see if my cruise would be cancelled and it was (May 23 Panorama).  Based on Carnival's cancellation policy, I'm in the 50%  cancellation fee window.  Does this mean I'm only getting 50% of my fare back?  Someone else told me that I'll get 50% refunded to me and another 50% given as the FCC.  I'm really confused. I also tried to abide by the "don't call us" request so I'm flying blind on this.  I booked my new cruise and paid the deposit, even though the new cruise will be less than the original (not by too much plus the new one will require airfare).

So my questions are:

1 - If my cruise rate was $2027, will I get that full amount toward the new cruise or will I only get 50% of that?

2- This cruise was a rebooking of one that *I* had to postpone from 2019.  I got a partial credit for that one applied to the one that was just cancelled.  That is figured into the $2027 amount above.  Will they still count that credit toward whatever amount they give me based on the answer to the first question?  Or will my credit amount be deducted from it and I will lose that money?

Thanks so much for the info.  My boys and I are disappointed because of the cancellation as this was already a rescheduled trip due to chaotic life circumstances the year before.  But I'm grateful to not have to board the ship with all the uncertainty currently.

Question that someone in here may know; can you buy bottled alcohol with OBC? We have the $600 for getting our cruise canceled and then another $840 from a rate reduction. I know about the not being able to use it on table games unless you use it on a slot machine deal. Anyone know of any other restrictions? TIA 

Question about submitting the form and getting the FCC and OBC deal.  We’ve decided we want the FCC, just haven’t decided which future booking to make (and might wait awhile to decide, to see what the situation looks like).  I know the new one needs to be booked by 12/31.  Can I go ahead and submit the form for FCC/OBC now?  Does it just get attached to my VIFP number for when I do rebook in the future?  Thanks!

CCL cancelled my NYC cruise with the last wave of cancellations.  I had some  OBC from price drops. I plan to take the FCC and re-book, but what happens to the current OBC, and where can I see what I had?  I dont see my sailing when I sign into my account an Carnival.com.  I booked with an online TA if that matters.

I have some concerns about the OBC from the cancelled cruises. I did not realize that you cannot use it until you are on the ship until reading posts. I had been planning to use it for the Cheers package but it costs more if you wait to get it on the ship. I usually do a few excursions but the ones I like tend to be for smaller groups (scuba, small catamaran) and I worry about waiting to book onboard since I have seen some fill up before getting on the ship. I can’t imagine I would do $600 worth of specialty restaurants (would maybe do one night). Would folks recommend I just use the $600 for the Cheers program when I get on board? It may be a little more expensive but if it’s using the cancellation OBC it could be worth it.

Thanks! 2Shoes2go mentioned on a similar thread that folks with excessive OBC can buy gift cards at Cherry on Top and use it for future cruises. I thought that was a pretty good idea if I didn't use all my OBC.

2 hours ago, HxFx said:

I have some concerns about the OBC from the cancelled cruises. I did not realize that you cannot use it until you are on the ship until reading posts. I had been planning to use it for the Cheers package but it costs more if you wait to get it on the ship. I usually do a few excursions but the ones I like tend to be for smaller groups (scuba, small catamaran) and I worry about waiting to book onboard since I have seen some fill up before getting on the ship. I can’t imagine I would do $600 worth of specialty restaurants (would maybe do one night). Would folks recommend I just use the $600 for the Cheers program when I get on board? It may be a little more expensive but if it’s using the cancellation OBC it could be worth it.

As long as you don't prepay your standard gratuities, that will hit the OBC. that will be at least $13.99 per person per day for your cabin.

• Like 1

I had my Carnival Inspiration cruise 4/27 canceled due to covid.  I rescheduled to 5/16 Carnival Fantasy and received $360 OBC.  This booking was canceled.  I scheduled a new booking using the FCC from the Fantasy.  I did all of this via Carnival website.  Carnival rep told me I would receive new OBC from the 5/16 canceled cruise BUT would not receive the original $360.  Is this true?  

I rebooked a canceled cruise that cost less than the original. My PVP can't explain the amount getting refunded - just gave me a random number that I can't match to anything. I was still ~$1,200 over with no additional OBC showing. I asked again, oh here's another $200 that will be refunded on a gift card eventually. Okay, where's the rest? She has no idea. Can't explain any of the amounts refunded or why. Can't explain the OBC given or where the number came from. What a mess. Then I get a letter telling me I have penalties for cancelling early (Carnival canceled, not me!). Told to ignore it - but honestly when the amounts are all jacked up on the new cruise, I have no idea if that impacted me or not. 

I'd love to keep cruising Carnival, but they're making it hard. Apparently only supervisors can handle rebooking containing gift cards, so I talk to the PVP who sends an email to a supervisor, who then emails me back, and it is like a bad game of telephone.

Can anyone advise me, is CCL still offering $600.00 OBC for cancelled cruises?  We canceled ours about a month ago due to the virus and now are considering rebooking at a later date

Edited by ERNLYN
add dollar sign

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I had my Carnival Inspiration cruise 4/27 canceled due to covid.  I rescheduled to 5/16 Carnival Fantasy and received $360 OBC.  This booking was canceled.  I scheduled a new booking using the FCC from the Fantasy.  I did all of this via Carnival website.  Carnival rep told me I would receive new OBC from the 5/16 canceled cruise BUT would not receive the original $360.  Is this true?  

if the 360 was due to the FCC being more than the cruise cost, then your FCC from 5/16 should include it (not sure how they manage that). if part of it was due to a booking promotion, then you wouldn't get that.

2 minutes ago, ERNLYN said:

Can anyone advise me, is CCL still offering 600 OBC for cancelled cruises?  We canceled ours about a month ago due to the virus and now are considering rebooking at a later date

depends on when the cruise was supposed to be for that you cancelled. if you cancelled and asked for a refund, i learned that you cant switch back to an FCC if they have approved the refund (even if you havent gotten it). we had elected a refund, changed our minds, our TA said they took care of it. we took too long too rebook and now one cabin's refund was approved (havent gotten it, it was a GC too). so we are only getting $600 OBC to rebook instead of $1,200. i was bummed by that.

6 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

if the 360 was due to the FCC being more than the cruise cost, then your FCC from 5/16 should include it (not sure how they manage that). if part of it was due to a booking promotion, then you wouldn't get that.

The $360 was $300 OBC that was offered by carnival for the 5 day cruise cancellation of the 4/27 cruise. $60 was overage. So what I'm asking is - do you get every OBC for every cancelled cruise due to Carnival cancelling because of coronavirus.  Would I get $300 for a 4 day plus $300 for a 5 day for my new booking? Carnival canceled both cruises due to coronavirus.  If you know for a fact that it is so, please let me know.  

Edited by jean87510

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

The $360 was $300 OBC that was offered by carnival for the 5 day cruise cancellation of the 4/27 cruise. $60 was overage. So what I'm asking is - do you get every OBC for every cancelled cruise due to Carnival cancelling because of coronavirus.  Would I get $300 for a 4 day plus $300 for a 5 day for my new booking? Carnival canceled both cruises due to coronavirus.  If you know for a fact that it is so, please let me know.  

you dont get to double dip on the $300. I believe I have seen RCL was doing something for those type of customers.

On 4/13/2020 at 2:15 PM, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Yes.  We cancelled our 4/25 March 9th before things amped up & official email.   Rebooked for March 2021.  Our long time  PVP kept saying he was working on getting us our $600 OBC.  After a few emails & calls to him & what I felt was the runaround, I called carnival direct & within 30 min had the 600 OBC in our account.   Probably would have been a shorter time on the phone but I called in the afternoon.  If you want something done, gotta do it yourself 😉

You need a new PVP.Our guy took care of everything in one phone call.Rebooked with the $600 OBC.

34 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

you dont get to double dip on the $300. I believe I have seen RCL was doing something for those type of customers.

Fair enough.  Is that documented somewhere?  It really isn't double dipping as I had 2 cruises cancelled by Carnival.  I was doing a search for carnival cruises cancelled due to hurricanes, earthquakes... and couldnt find an answer.