What'd you buy for your cruise that's now useless?

Vagabond Knight

Me - stick on Suede for the bottoms of shoes, because dang the dance floors are sticky on a ship (bet I’m the only one for that item). Wife- little black dress, little red dress and little white dress - those I will still get to enjoy! Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 4/16/2020 at 1:01 PM, Muffinz said:

The good news is we are both immune to measles and have a letter from the doctor to say that.....

That's actually a good bargain when I think about pandemic preparedness!  I keep fairly up to date on my travel immunizations but may not be needing typhoid resistance for a bit.  I'm wondering if my medical provider will do a drive thru flu shot/jab this fall instead of indoor flu shot clinic. 

6 hours ago, 3DogChrisB said:

Rash guards for snorkeling in Grand Cayman and Bonaire...

Although that cruise has been cancelled, they're useless now mostly because of depression eating and now not fitting.

I made my partner get some UPF shirts and sun hat.  He looks awful in hats.  The shirts will probably still come in useful when he runs out of clothes in the summer and it is very hot out since they're also wicking & no ac in the house.  Hat can distract co-workers on virtual meetings from quarantine no-hair-cut if he gets desperate enough.

I bought some swim leggings which I'm sure I'll eventually wear, too.  They're made of stretchy swim fabric which I guess I could also repurpose into ear loops for home sewn masks and hem the uppers into capri's or anti-chafe under-skirt-shorts or something else like that.

It's been interesting looking at things I have (and so much of it) to repurpose them and avoid having to go to the store or wait for online shipments.  Thick hiking socks have become cozy house socks.  A few extra boxes were a laptop stand.  Spare organizers?  I have plenty of clutter to corral or re-organize.  Orphaned socks - pop them over lotioned hands (a bit dryer thanks to ramping up hand washing) for the night.

New cruise clothes?  I bet some friends wouldn't be so resistant to a themed virtual cocktail party.

My travel supply stash of sanitizing wipes and tiny hand sanitizer was fortunate...

On 4/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, Denny01 said:

I’ve been adding jokes to the fun thread and was about to add this, but I think this works great on this subject:

Original Joke:

The police responded to a home disturbance. When they got there, a man was laying in the garage just outside the kitchen with the wife standing on the other side of the kitchenwith a handgun. They told the woman to drop the gun, then asked her what happened. She said “I just mopped the floor and it was still wet, and that idiot tramped in from the garage so I shot him”. The Sgt called it in and the Lt asked, “Have you arrested her?” the Sgt replied, “No, the floor is still wet”.

Modified for this Thread:

The police responded to a home disturbance. When they got there, a man was laying on the living-room floor and bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds. He was laying next to an iPad and was wearing just a Speedo, and his wife was standing over him with a handgun. the police told her to drop the gun and asked her what happened. She responded: “My husband was on that stupid CruiseCritic forum and took a photo of himself wearing only a speedo, then he posted the damn thing, so I shot him!” The Sgt called it in and the Lt said: “Sounds like Justifiable Homicide”. the Sgt responsed: “Yup. this guy should only be wearing a swimsuit that goes to his knees and a t-shirt!”.

Den

Now that's what I call "leaning in" to it!  Thanks for the great laugh!  We surely need more of them these days!

• Haha 1

I dont agree that its useless. Cruising is still here and not planning on going anywhere. Those who travel or cruise will continue to do so. There are no reasons to limit it in any ways. People will keep on booking no matter what. Its just a matter of time and preferences of particular people. Nothing is useless these days 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouTheGlue said:

I purchased a dji osmo mobile 3 combo gimbal, was really looking forward to using it on our Hawaii Cruise in May. Oh well, now that I have it, we'll just have to wait until we can vacation again.

LOL. What a coincidence, another Ottawan who bought the Osmo 3 combo for a Hawaiian cruise, although our cruise was in April. However, I have used mine to video a number of my grandson's hockey game, so all is not lost.

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. What a coincidence, another Ottawan who bought the Osmo 3 combo for a Hawaiian cruise, although our cruise was in April. However, I have used mine to video a number of my grandson's hockey game, so all is not lost.

Very cool, our Cruise was Ovation of the Seas repo Honolulu to Vancouver it was to be on May 7th. I too will be using it to get video of my grandson,  just haven't had the chance yet with Staying at home. Have to settle for video chats for now.

3 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

I purchased a dji osmo mobile 3 combo gimbal, was really looking forward to using it on our Hawaii Cruise in May. Oh well, now that I have it, we'll just have to wait until we can vacation again.

I had to Google what that is!  We just have a selfie stick...

1 hour ago, LouTheGlue said:

Very cool, our Cruise was Ovation of the Seas repo Honolulu to Vancouver it was to be on May 7th. I too will be using it to get video of my grandson,  just haven't had the chance yet with Staying at home. Have to settle for video chats for now.

I bought mine in time to capture a few games before lockdown. The grandson is taking isolation well, but first missed a week in Mexico for March break, then a trip to Nashville, where he was meant to be playing in a tournament over the last four days. :classic_sad: