Surely RC need to re-think FCC bookings

13 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

I’m a Diamond member ( loyal to RC )  - and if we’re all in this together lets have a bit of flexibility about this seeing I’m lending them my money !!

Not sure status should have anything to do with deposits, bookings, refunds, FCC, and application of these. 

In my opinion 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

THEY WON'T let you do that - thats what ive been saying all along repeatedly told i must pay another deposit !! even though i paid 2 deposits and paid both cruises in FULL  

both my cruises had been paid in FULL 

Here is the post 

I spoke to a guy named Terry and the call quality was excellent and he was very helpful. He said he could put me on this cruise and make notes on the old reservation and the newer one to use my FCC when available. He said they are now booking with NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED  for people with FCC. 

YET they've told me i must put another deposit down to secure a rescheduled B2B cruises next year and to make matters worse its the identical sailings as those cancelled  

Travel agents are indeed allow to do exactly as I described and put a hold on a reservation with no deposit due until May 31, 2020 as long as that date is before final payment to allow the FCC to process.  At that time only the taxes and fees need to be paid.  This I can guarantee is correct.

There was a report on here from someone who said that they were able to do the same thing, I guess that either that person was lucky or it is one of those situations where if you call 3 times you get 3 different answers. I think you fall into the category of getting a different answer.  This post is in addition to another one that I saw that allowed them to do the same thing.

Sorry  you are having difficulty with this. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

So cruisers who booked with a TA are given better treatment than those booked directly with RC - thats going to go down a storm.

Latest update 

After 30mins on with Crown & Anchor and the helpful member of staff repeatedly speaking with their supervisor they've held the JS's for the same cruises next year until the 31st of May.

But !! come the 31st of May they still want a £300 deposit - i wont be paying the deposit. 

Surely Royal must see sense before they lose loyal customers

12 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

So cruisers who booked with a TA are given better treatment than those booked directly with RC - thats going to go down a storm.

Latest update 

After 30mins on with Crown & Anchor and the helpful member of staff repeatedly speaking with their supervisor they've held the JS's for the same cruises next year until the 31st of May.

But !! come the 31st of May they still want a £300 deposit - i wont be paying the deposit. 

Surely Royal must see sense before they lose loyal customers

So they are doing exactly as I said if you call Royal.  Thanks for the update and sorry it took you several calls to get the correct answer. Hopefully your FCC arrives before May 31.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So they are doing exactly as I said if you call Royal.  Thanks for the update and sorry it took you several calls to get the correct answer. Hopefully your FCC arrives before May 31.

Yes but the bottom line they're still wanting more CASH from me for another  deposit  

Maybe this is an easy way to explain it.

You buy an airline ticket you checkin online you have your boarding pass and at the gate the airline says we've over-booked or the flight is cancelled.

But we've put another flight on later tonight you can have a seat but it will cost you the same money upfront and at a later date we'll give you a voucher to use within a certain time-frame.

Just now, soloadventurer said:

Yes but the bottom line they're still wanting more CASH from me for another  deposit  

Maybe this is an easy way to explain it.

You buy an airline ticket you checkin online you have your boarding pass and at the gate the airline says we've over-booked or the flight is cancelled.

But we've put another flight on later tonight you can have a seat but it will cost you the same money upfront and at a later date we'll give you a voucher to use within a certain time-frame.

If you get your FCC before May 31 the only extra cash that you would have to pay is the port fees and taxes.  

The port fees and taxes from your previous cruise were refunded to your credit card and are not part of your FCC

I had to do the same exact thing for our next cruise....luckily it was only a $200 Deposit for the room.

Try being out money for a wedding you were supposed to have on a cruise that was leaving this Thursday!....having to cancel all your wedding plans and lose money on personalized items for the wedding!....that cost is a lot more than my deposit.

The last thing I am going to ***** about is putting $200 down for another cruise that I am going on in the future!....because I know the $200 I put down on my canceled cruise will be going as a FCC in my new cruise and I will be getting an additional 25% from that too.....it's ALL GOOD!

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you get your FCC before May 31 the only extra cash that you would have to pay is the port fees and taxes.  

The port fees and taxes from your previous cruise were refunded to your credit card and are not part of your FCC

I booked a cruise for September 1st on the Mariner of the Seas and my FCC covered the complete cost including the port and tax. I paid zip.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You were the exception and very lucky. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You were the exception and very lucky. 

They messed it all up for themselves. They sent the tax and port for the cancelled cruise to my charge card as usual. Then they overpaid the September 1st cruise with the FCC The overpayment they sent to my charge card. They also gave me the TAs commission to my charge card, let me keep it and she still got hers. I have $750.00 left over and that is to be put on a cruise for next year. They will not release the $750.00 till I take the September cruise. That makes no sense to me at all. No matter. 😎

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

They messed it all up for themselves. They sent the tax and port for the cancelled cruise to my charge card as usual. Then they overpaid the September 1st cruise with the FCC The overpayment they sent to my charge card. They also gave me the TAs commission to my charge card, let me keep it and she still got hers. I have $750.00 left over and that is to be put on a cruise for next year. They will not release the $750.00 till I take the September cruise. That makes no sense to me at all. No matter. 😎

I see that you got the drink package intern handling your reservation....congrats.