Age restrictions

15 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Being "fit to travel" seems like "no-brainer"...too many incapacitated folks get on cruises...last about 6 hours, then need to return to port, or be air-lifted off.  It's ridiculous.    You SHOULD have to be healthy enough, barring some unforeseen ACCIDENT, to travel for a week without medical issues to affect the rest of the passengers, itinerary or safety of everyone.

100% agree. 

• Like 1

I am over 70 & have type 2 diabetes (under control with medications) & otherwise am in decent health.  But I am considered as unfit to travel versus someone using a cane, wheelchair, or scooter.  And they have accessible cabins.  Some of these people are younger than 70.  However,  if they are over 70 are they considered unfit to travel?

I think I understand the reasoning due to the risks of Covid-19 but I feel like I am treated like a second class citizen.  It just doesn't seem fair.  However, I plan to handle their decision like an adult & accept it without violent communication.

I know I'm not cruising now but I hope they take that restriction off next year so I can cruise again.  I had a cruise booked in May but it was cancelled & I had to take the refund rather than the FCC.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

100% agree. 

How about all of those who get overserved and cause issues on cruises?  If we follow CB's ideas I would not have been able to sail from age 6 and I have traveled all over the world and been on 37 cruises.  NEVER been sick on a cruise or on any of my travels.