Age restrictions

RCI website states that passrngers over age 65 will require a drs clearance to board. Anyone know how long this policy will be in force. RCI says next 30 days.

Further fcc end on Sept 1.  I am guessing the rules will change then to.

This is absolutely discriminatory now they’re going from age 70 down to age 65. Anybody can have a medical emergency at any time regardless of their health assessment or age. RCL should think hard about revenue loss from us people who have paid so much over the years. Who are truly LOYAL TO ROYAL. And also just to add to this as I have commented and other posts what doctor in their right mind is going to sign off on such a risk factor that can happen to anybody at any time.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

RCI website states that passrngers over age 65 will require a drs clearance to board. Anyone know how long this policy will be in force. RCI says next 30 days.

Didn’t see that. Thought it was 70. Can you please copy & post it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

Still says 70

From the website;

a.  Effective Monday, March 16, boarding will be denied to any person age 70 or older, unless the guest provides written verification from a qualified treating physician that certifies the person has no severe, chronic medical condition and is fit to travel.

From their FAQ’s

Will the health form requirement guests over 70 years of age become a permanent policy?

The safety and well-being of our guests remain our top priority, now and always. Though it is believed to be a temporary protocol, it has not been clearly stated whether this requirement will continue once Coronavirus risks subside. Until further notice, the completed “Fit to Travel” health form is a requirement at time of embarkation.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, LorraineP said:

Didn’t see that. Thought it was 70. Can you please copy & post it. 

Oops. Still 70. Still affects a large segment of their base. 

Hope they relax it by fall. Don't mind the temp check but a drs note will be hard to get no matter how healthy you are. Guess canes, wheel chairs and electric scooters are a thing of the past.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

Hope they relax it by fall. Don't mind the temp check but a drs note will be hard to get no matter how healthy you are. Guess canes, wheel chairs and electric scooters are a thing of the past.

Thanks.  I just didn’t think it changed. There will still be canes, wheel chairs & especially electric, many under 70 are not healthy & many obese. 

• Like 1

Being "fit to travel" seems like "no-brainer"...too many incapacitated folks get on cruises...last about 6 hours, then need to return to port, or be air-lifted off.  It's ridiculous.    You SHOULD have to be healthy enough, barring some unforeseen ACCIDENT, to travel for a week without medical issues to affect the rest of the passengers, itinerary or safety of everyone.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Being "fit to travel" seems like "no-brainer"...too many incapacitated folks get on cruises...last about 6 hours, then need to return to port, or be air-lifted off.  It's ridiculous.    You SHOULD have to be healthy enough, barring some unforeseen ACCIDENT, to travel for a week without medical issues to affect the rest of the passengers, itinerary or safety of everyone.

This is the most INCONSIDERATE statement you have ever posted. I would use stronger language but I'd get kicked off the board.

Edited by ATC cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

Good try....  lol

2 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

This is the most INCONSIDERATE statement you have ever posted. I would use stronger language but I'd get kick of the board.

we have been cruising since 1996 and yes we have seen many medivacs happen. BUT NOT ALL ARE OLD AND INCAPASITATED. I find your post to be most offensive

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, watson50 said:

we have been cruising since 1996 and yes we have seen many medivacs happen. BUT NOT ALL ARE OLD AND INCAPASITATED. I find your post to be most offensive

I think you misinterpreted my post, I was offended by CB's post. 

3 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

3 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

I’m sorry you are correct I apologize for miss quoting that’s what happens when you push and 70 and you have to deal with this tech stuff❤️🚢👍🏻😜

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Houndfish said:

Explain your reply

I’ll quote your opening post. Good way to get everyone’s attention. 

2 hours ago, Houndfish said:

Notice?

Hasn't this been batted about  ad finium on other threads here?

This policy was put in place based on the information available at the time about the disease. What has happened since with more "granular data"--as Drs Brix and Fauci like to say-- is that deaths amongst CV19 patients isn't related to age, but related to presence of underlying health/illnesses.  Patients with heart disease, lung cancer, HIV, extreme obesity,  type 1 diabetes,  etc., regardless of age.

Just now, crewsweeper said:

Hasn't this been batted about  ad finium on other threads here?

This policy was put in place based on the information available at the time about the disease. What has happened since with more "granular data"--as Drs Brix and Fauci like to say-- is that deaths amongst CV19 patients isn't related to age, but related to presence of underlying health/illnesses.  Patients with heart disease, lung cancer, HIV, extreme obesity,  type 1 diabetes,  etc., regardless of age.

Yes. The new catch was 65 which turn out to be false. 

14 hours ago, ATC cruiser said:

This is the most INCONSIDERATE statement you have ever posted. I would use stronger language but I'd get kicked off the board.

How is this inconsiderate. It's more inconsiderate to travel if your " not fit to travel".

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Houndfish said:

Probably 60% of their customers if not more. I read their Dr clearance form and it covers everything from warts to anxiety. Hope they change it.

I'm guessing your post was tongue in cheek.The letter posted on their site does not state warts, anxiety etc as you stated. It covers heart, immune deficiency, kidney issues and other serious medical conditions.

32 minutes ago, jptoz said:

How is this inconsiderate. It's more inconsiderate to travel if your " not fit to travel".

Because CB at Sea says there are to many incapacitated people getting on cruise ships that have medical problems within 6 hours of departing the port that need to be evacuated from the ship. It’s rare that a ship needs to return to port for a medical evacuation, and the ones that do, how many of those are incapacitated when they got on the ship? If you’re going to prevent people from getting on a ship just because they may have a medical condition, you better not let them get on an airplane either. Because I guarantee you there are many more flights that get diverted because of medical issues than ships.

• Like 1