Disney may not open until 2021 How about cruise ships?

14 hours ago, keishashadow said:

No guarantee even if refreshing that app

at the start.

Have been fortunate to enjoy several times. we are semi retired, have several DVC contracts & cheap airfare. already had to cancel Easter trip & cruise😔, who knows how the rest of year will pan out  

smart Money Is on the theme parks slowly coming back, Limited To locals first with extensively limited activities to encourage social distancing.  Still hanging onto my DVC res there for 3 other trips but will cancel them at the last minute possible to preserve/bank my points 

Early on Disney was comping free PH tickets If your boarding group wasn’t called Using the virtual queue. I’m sitting in a few of those that we’ll use for family 

On pres day weekend, despite thinking I had the system down to grab boarding group, was shut out for first time. all spots gone in less than a minute ugh. Explained to me when they are near capacity it’s akin to a lottery   The following day the app only let me book for some of my party, they did fixed that for us.

It’s not a perfect system but it is a work in progress. Expect it to be used extensively going forward by Disney & others who adapt the technology 

We have been DVC members since almost the beginning, joined in Feb. 1992. 

While it works now, eventually I think another options needs to be developed for RoR. Can’t have the entire day gone in a few minutes. 

mac_tlc

Just now, mac_tlc said:

We have been DVC members since almost the beginning, joined in Feb. 1992. 

While it works now, eventually I think another options needs to be developed for RoR. Can’t have the entire day gone in a few minutes. 

mac_tlc

Pre-COVID, there was a fair, simple, and readily available solution for RotR: Have a standby line, like every other Disney attraction since 1955.  I'm not sure you can do that now, given the number of bodies you'd have to pack into the queue, but it certainly could have been done previously.  

But the current RotR experience (mass of humanity trying to get reservations on an app, and all reservations gone within minutes) shows why it's not so simple for Disney to just suddenly switch to virtual queues as some have suggested.  

1 minute ago, danv3 said:

Pre-COVID, there was a fair, simple, and readily available solution for RotR: Have a standby line, like every other Disney attraction since 1955.  I'm not sure you can do that now, given the number of bodies you'd have to pack into the queue, but it certainly could have been done previously.  

But the current RotR experience (mass of humanity trying to get reservations on an app, and all reservations gone within minutes) shows why it's not so simple for Disney to just suddenly switch to virtual queues as some have suggested.  

Don’t disagree, but getting folks on an attraction is not the only goal. Fast passes and the current virtual queue give people a lot more free time to eat, shop, etc. Not an insignificant factor to Disney.

Plus, given the number of times we have been there, I am not interested in standing in a line for 60, 90, 120, or longer minutes, pre-covid or post-covid  

mac_tlc

I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually for free FP to the eticket rides rolled into a packaged vacation. As in concierge plus or switch up a vip tour to include the SW attractions. They’re going to need to churn income 

if one more person sends me a link to the UBS financial prediction of parks not opening till 1/21, I may scream.  I’m sticking w barrons lol

On 4/24/2020 at 2:02 PM, bgcruiser said:

For Theme park tickets already purchased for this year, that haven't been used, Disney has already extended the expiration date to 12/31/2020. If a guess is unable to travel this year, Disney will extend the expiration till 12/31/2021 on those tickets. (Info from Dis Boards).

Nice!  I have a trip booked (Disney resort, flights, tickets until end of 2020) for early December, but if I can bump out my tickets until December 2021 that will be great!  Plus it will be the Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary! (Oh, wait. More crowds...)