Booking two guarantee cabins

We are sailing with teens and we booked two guarantee cabins. We know that there is a risk of the cabins being separated, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the odds of having cabins close together. Also, I would love to hear your experience with having books 2 or more guarantee cabins. Thanks

I think is more that you are guaranteed that the cabins will be apart. If you need two rooms near/next to each other, you need to get away from the guaranteed rooms and spend a little more for a cabin class that allows you to select your rooms. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I always book guarantee cabins- multiple per year.     Sorry-   guarantee means just that-  a roll of the dice-  and no,  you can't "do anything" about assignments.    

I've gotten some great locations=   but,  also a few unfavorable assignments.    YOU  have to be fully accepting of the worse cabin in your category.     It works fine for me-   I JUST do not care.    Figure out what YOUR risk level is.   

I have booked three guarantee cabins.Two with Carnival and one with Norwegian. I have been happy with all three.The one time we were traveling with another couple and linked our reservations and ended up with cabins next to each other. This might have just been luck.

Just a heads up that booking two adults in one cabin and two teens in the other (if that is how you booked it) could be a problem.  The cruise lines want an adult in each cabin.  Of course, where each of you actually sleeps is up to you, but those are the booking rules.

13 hours ago, Stefanosthecruiselover said:

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the odds of having cabins close together. 

No, nothing can be done. We (two adults, no kids) have done it before. We had one cabin located very far forward on Deck 12 far away from elevator bank ( lots of ocean motion up there) and one cabin within 5 cabins of the forward elevator bank on Deck 11. We were fine with the locations and had staterooms above and below us. We booked at a super cheap rate and very last minute.

If you book a guarantee, you have to be prepared to have a location anywhere on the ship. 

14 hours ago, Stefanosthecruiselover said:

We are sailing with teens and we booked two guarantee cabins. We know that there is a risk of the cabins being separated, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the odds of having cabins close together. Also, I would love to hear your experience with having books 2 or more guarantee cabins. Thanks

I have booked 2 cabins for my family and also asked for linked cabins with friends. Sometimes I get adjacent cabins and other times I get nearby cabins(stick my head out my cabin door and see the others). So I believe NCL does try within reason BUT in the end there is no guarantee. Just my experience.

Our experience with guaranteed cabins has been good; including when we booked one for parents, and one for kids.  My kids were old enough that we weren't worried too much if we were far apart, but we certainly wanted them close; and they were.  They want to accommodate as best they can, and typically can get you reasonably close, if not next door.  I think as a general rule the guaranteed cabins are well worth the risk.  Obviously if you have young kids, and are planning on having them in a separate cabin, then I would get two cabins that adjoin.  But otherwise, the guarantees are a great deal.

Also, remember that you can get the NCL call and text app for your phones, which allows you to call and text your family members throughout the ship at any time, so you can still maintain a connection.