Future cruise credit....move end date

Redtravel

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Fairly dramatic release! Surely they realize this will halt practically all new PIF coming in, which will further hurt cash flow.

Or....maybe its a way for setting the stage  for a split up and re-name its sub components with agreements with the lein holders  to become partners and not only get their capital back but make a profit too......Don 't  know     But this might be a stimulus for lein-holders to be receptive  or creative in dealing with this situation

I have deposits  on a late 2021 cruise with no funds due till August 2021  so lots of time  for things to change.    As soon as we quit getting bombarder by the media and quit the over the top lock up  things will come back....  Warren Buffet thinks a lot sooner than later....  I trust him

As far as loosing my deposit.....  well, looking in perspective  and viewing the hit I took in the market last month, its  chump change in comparison. 

I'd  rather leave my small deposit with O in the hopes that  letting them use the cash will in some way help preserve something that I love and can benefit me in the future.  Its in my own selfish best interest

Heck, I have given away more than that to charities last year...   O will  be this years charity contribution.   In the lock down, I have saved at least that in going out and gas...    

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Unfortunately I accepted a FC on March 9th when Oceania first offered it. Then on March 13 th they canceled the cruise an offered a FCC or cash refund. Now one year later when I was supposed to book a cruise I appealed to them to try to get a refund. I feel like since they are not even sailing and who knows when or where they can safely sail, why should they hold my money? All they would do for me is extend the “ book by” date to Dec 2021. The sail by date is still 2022. 
As a loyal Oceania guest I am very disappointed in this outcome and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I always enjoyed cruising in Oceania. Now my feelings about them are changing. I think this is poor customer service. 

• Like 1

In October we booked a summer 2021 cruise using the small amount of  fcc from that awful stuck at sea cruise last March.  Oceania should have canceled that cruise. However, instead sailed placing us on high alert with closed ports and several closed venues on the ship.  Now that nothing has sailed, we are not comfortable sailing this summer.   Our original book by date is almost here.  we have to move the booking to a new date.  This doesn't seem fair if they hold to the book by and sail by dates.  If Oceania isn't sailing, what do they expect us to do.  I am not paying them any more money until sailing is safe again.  Time to contact my travel agent.

Update on museum memberships.  Those that extended our time for the pandemic, I have renewed my membership. Those that chose to not renew and end my membership are now sending me many reminders to renew or donate.  They will not get me back.

How you treat people during this pandemic will determine how they will be remembered after it passes.   

On 3/4/2021 at 5:30 PM, Redtravel said:

In October we booked a summer 2021 cruise using the small amount of  fcc from that awful stuck at sea cruise last March.  Oceania should have canceled that cruise. However, instead sailed placing us on high alert with closed ports and several closed venues on the ship.  Now that nothing has sailed, we are not comfortable sailing this summer.   Our original book by date is almost here.  we have to move the booking to a new date.  This doesn't seem fair if they hold to the book by and sail by dates.  If Oceania isn't sailing, what do they expect us to do.  I am not paying them any more money until sailing is safe again.  Time to contact my travel agent.

Update on museum memberships.  Those that extended our time for the pandemic, I have renewed my membership. Those that chose to not renew and end my membership are now sending me many reminders to renew or donate.  They will not get me back.

How you treat people during this pandemic will determine how they will be remembered after it passes.   

What goes around comes around.  A two way street. 

The pandemic has been tough on everyone.  Everyone has been affected this year. NYTimes today said that one in three Americans had a friend or family member who has died from the virus. Unfortunately, I have lost friends.  With no real end date, cruising may be halted for a long time.  Book by March 2021 and sail by March 2022 may be worthless. The longer that I think about it, the less I want to cruise. Oceania should be understanding and move those dates.  After the pandemic has passed and things return to normal, how you were treated during the pandemic will not be forgotten.