MSC Virtuosa?

Megtheblackbelt

27 minutes ago, JP82 said:

She isn't completed yet, so not sailing. She is Meraviglia+ class yes, so same basic design as Grandiosa, don't know what the specific differences will be.

23 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Not much info because not due out until October or November based On latest info on first booking dates. 

Ah, okay! Thank you both very much. For some reason I thought she was sailing as of November 2019. I was wrong. 🙂 

That said, I see that in April of 2021 she has deals that are ridiculously low (as of my standards), so I think I will be booking my first MSC cruise. Yay.

Edited by Megtheblackbelt
  • Like 1

She's actually on my list along with her sisters of the same class, and a couple of the Seaside class for an Easter holidays trip round the Med next April with my sister and the kids given some of the prices I am seeing currently.

3 minutes ago, JP82 said:

She's actually on my list along with her sisters of the same class, and a couple of the Seaside class for an Easter holidays trip round the Med next April with my sister and the kids given some of the prices I am seeing currently.

Yes! Right now I am looking at the April 19th, 2021 cruise out of Italy. OV balcony + Fantastic experience is about 1,300 euros. It's only 6 nights as opposed to 7, but it seems like a great deal (assuming the ship is finished by then and is still on track to set sail 🙂). I live outside of Barcelona, so it's just a quick flight to Italy, and certainly the price of this cruise is MUCH cheaper than RC (who I normally sail with).

15 minutes ago, Megtheblackbelt said:

Yes! Right now I am looking at the April 19th, 2021 cruise out of Italy. OV balcony + Fantastic experience is about 1,300 euros. It's only 6 nights as opposed to 7, but it seems like a great deal (assuming the ship is finished by then and is still on track to set sail 🙂). I live outside of Barcelona, so it's just a quick flight to Italy, and certainly the price of this cruise is MUCH cheaper than RC (who I normally sail with).

Yep that's the type of deal that has pulled me over to MSC, there European cruises seem much more accessible that RCI, who I have sailed with prior to this.

Although my first cruise with them in August on Meraviglia may well not be happening now of course.

5 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Yep that's the type of deal that has pulled me over to MSC, there European cruises seem much more accessible that RCI, who I have sailed with prior to this.

Although my first cruise with them in August on Meraviglia may well not be happening now of course.

Oof, sorry to hear. We just re-located to Spain in January 2020 (from the US, for our jobs) and had multiple land-based trips cancelled. It stinks, but I’m passing the time by planning more holidays. 😛

• Like 1

Well just be sure to share your thoughts here when you do finally sail MSC, I notice this board (when ships are actually sailing) tends to be a little less active with TR's and reviews than somewhere like the RCI board.

52 minutes ago, JP82 said:

Well just be sure to share your thoughts here when you do finally sail MSC, I notice this board (when ships are actually sailing) tends to be a little less active with TR's and reviews than somewhere like the RCI board.

Yeah, I have noticed so too. I wish the board were more active, it makes things more fun. Hopefully in time. 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:59 AM, Megtheblackbelt said:

Is it the same as the Grandiosa? I cannot find any word of the ship on these boards/reviews. We are looking in to a 2021 cruise on her, so just checking. Perhaps because she is so new, there is such little information. 🙂

Hi

You can always take a look at Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1227 we have some basic info there.

4 hours ago, Adam Coulter said:

Hi

You can always take a look at Cruise Critic: https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1227 we have some basic info there.

Great, thank you! 

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

We are booked on her for a b2b in June 2021.

Was supposed to have been on Meraviglia in March but was cancelled.

Oof, that is rough. We just moved to Spain this year, and it seems we will spend our first year here sitting around at home. Welp. Hopefully in 2021 things will look up for traveling. 🙂

Wait and see Maybe it change. No one know when the ship is ready. It s crazy to book on a wrong Day, so wait and see the official first sailing Day from MSC Cruises. It is wonderful to Be on the first sailing. The Best is to see the christening the evening before the first Day sailing. We did it in Hamburg when Grandiosa was chistened.