No more doctor's note?

Pcardad

24 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

I guess I'm confused about what one does in the Regent restaurants while wearing a mask. Up and down for each bite?

Great question!   The airplanes really have an issue with that since, if you have someone around you that is obviously sick, you do not want to remove your mask to eat.

On Regent, however, if the tables are far enough apart and the person serving you is wearing a mask, it should be fine to enjoy your meal.  

• Haha 1

To be honest, I don't expect there to be any cruising until this virus has been dealt with or until society decides that people can make their own choices about going out (Ie. sacrificing part of our population - which I believe will happen). I think when cruising resumes it will be at such a time that it will be similar to how it was...but it won't return until then.

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

To be honest, I don't expect there to be any cruising until this virus has been dealt with or until society decides that people can make their own choices about going out (Ie. sacrificing part of our population - which I believe will happen). I think when cruising resumes it will be at such a time that it will be similar to how it was...but it won't return until then.

Interesting!  There are definitely a lot of people that feel the same as you do and some of us that are willing to take some calculated risks (without doing anything obviously stupid).  We still hope to sail in November.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mahogany said:

I guess I'm confused about what one does in the Regent restaurants while wearing a mask. Up and down for each bite?

People can be very creative when there is a need to be met.  

Maskk.jpg

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Interesting!  There are definitely a lot of people that feel the same as you do and some of us that are willing to take some calculated risks (without doing anything obviously stupid).  We still hope to sail in November.

That is also us, we don't have anything booked until Feb 2021 (cruise that is).  We do have a land trip booked for Dec 2020, and hope it works--30days for this trip.

Edited by ronrick1943

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

That is also us, we don't have anything booked until Feb 2021 (cruise that is).  We do have a land trip booked for Dec 2020, and hope it works--30days for this trip.

Prior to starting our "cruising life" we did land trips from 1987 through 2001. The older we got, the less we wanted to visit a city, go to a hotel and unpack only to pack a few days later and go tot he next city. We are happy that we did that but it is a reason why we do not do excursions in some ports.  

So, since we no longer have Ian interest in land trips, we have a cruise booked for January 2021 (Australia and New Zealand) but a relative in Australia says that Australia may be closed for two years.  I do not believe or disbelieve her. 

As My DH said this evening "this is all a big mess - no one knows what they are doing"..........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Prior to starting our "cruising life" we did land trips from 1987 through 2001. The older we got, the less we wanted to visit a city, go to a hotel and unpack only to pack a few days later and go tot he next city. We are happy that we did that but it is a reason why we do not do excursions in some ports.  

So, since we no longer have Ian interest in land trips, we have a cruise booked for January 2021 (Australia and New Zealand) but a relative in Australia says that Australia may be closed for two years.  I do not believe or disbelieve her. 

As My DH said this evening "this is all a big mess - no one knows what they are doing"..........

Don't get me wrong I still love cruising and will still be doing that( that said we don't tour that much, be like being on the ship)---however we enjoy the land vacations, we pick on place and stay 20 to 30 days.  We enjoy really seeing and living that part of life, we do stay at an hotel (yes in a suite) because we are on a vacation and want the service.  Just hoping things get better and the world opens---if not we'll be staying home for a while longer.